ANGEL FIRE, NM (Thursday, March 3, 2005) –Officials at Angel Fire Resort today announced record visits from skiers and snowboarders through the month of February. Among the milestones set so far this season; the fastest climb to100,000 skier visits in just 70 days, and the highest number of skier visits in February at 41,628. Angel Fire attributes the large percentage increase over year’s past to continuous snowfall and a calendar of special events that have attracted big crowds. The steady, high attendance puts the resort on a pace to exceed the total skier visit count of 179,000, achieved in the 2002-03 season.
“We started out the season with some strong out-of-state numbers as well as high attendance from local skiers and continued the trend throughout President’s Day Weekend,” said Jon Mahanna, general manager, Angel Fire Resort. “With the economy on the rebound, great snow conditions, world-class events and a solid destination, we now have tremendous momentum to take us through the final stretch of the season.”
Pacific storms and a convenient low pressure system combined to dump snow on Angel Fire Resort in the month of February. While ski areas in the Pacific Northwest have experienced drought conditions, the last few storms that have moved through the New Mexico area have brought up to three feet of fresh powder to the slopes. With spring just around the corner, Angel Fire Resort has put together several deals for vacationers to continue attendance momentum through the resort’s final ski weekend, Easter Sunday.
• The Early Bird Season Pass – From March 1st – April 15th purchase an Early Bird Season Pass ($199 for Adults/$175 for Juniors), which is valid from March 2005 thru March 2006.
• Spring Break -- Angel Fire resort will host its annual Pond Skimming and Snow Volleyball competitions, as well as live concerts in March. Vacationers can take advantage of buy 3 nights of lodging get the 4th night free, the entire month.
• County Appreciation Day – On March 22nd the resort is offering free skiing to all Colfax County residents. The deal is good for all those with a valid ID with a Colfax County address, or a local utility bill.
• Military Discount – all active duty military members can receive a 50% discount on all lift tickets the entire month of March.
• Easter Sunday – Angel Fire Resort will celebrate their last day of the season with Easter activities.
For information on lodging and lift ticket deals, snow conditions, activities and more at Angel Fire this winter visit www.angelfireresort.com.
Krysty O’Quinn Walker
PR Manager, Angel Fire Resort
About Angel Fire Resort
If you can do it on a mountain, you can do it here. Angel Fire Resort is the Southwest’s premier year-round alpine recreation destination. Tucked high in the mountains of northern New Mexico, Angel Fire is the rare resort where you can ski, snowboard, tube, snow bike and cross country ski all on the same mountain. For more information on Angel Fire Resort, please call 505-377-4424.
To line up an interview with an Angel Fire executive or for more information contact:
Public Relations Rep
Angel Fire Resort