CHILDREN’S LESSON PACKAGES (Ages 3-12)
Prices do not include applicable sales tax.
VALUE SEASON: January 7, 2013-January 31, 2013
Please take the time to read the information below this chart! Especially the “Important Policy” Section. Parents are implored to understand our policies prior to arrival. Reservations are essential! We guarantee 4 hrs of on snow time, but frequently, your child will receive up to 5 hours! It is important to start your day early and be at the center by at least 8:30 am, 8:00 am on weekends and holidays!
For more information or to reserve any of the above packages, please call 800-633-7463.
This season we partnered with Flaik, a GPS-based alpine guest tracking system. Children enrolled in lift-served lessons will be equipped with a lightweight armband locator, and real-time tracking is available for the ski school management to immediately ascertain the location of individual children. Images are captured multiple times per second, allowing detailed analysis of location and turn shape. This system ensures increased security and peace of mind for parents, instructors and management. In addition, parents and children can view their runs, vertical feet skied and other stats online.
More Children’s Lesson Links
- Medical Power of Attorney Form
- Helpful Hints for Children’s Lessons
- Reasonable Expectations for Your Skiing Child
- Reasonable Expectations for Your Snowboarding Child
- Preparing your Child for their First Experience
- Kids on Lifts
Children’s Lesson Important Policies
- Same Day lesson sales at the Resort will be cut off by 8:30 am for Full Day enrollment if space is available. To begin classes promptly and without disruption, we require adherence to this important policy.
- Your child needs time to adjust to his coach, surroundings and new friends. The distraction of well intentioned “Helicopter Parents” hovering around his or her class does impact the continuity and effectiveness of your child and other children’s lesson. The Kids need to concentrate! Go ski and have fun; at the end of the day your child’s Instructor will be able to share your child’s progress.
- Please be prompt for check out. Your child has had a wonderful day and is excited about showing and telling you about their success! Make sure you collect all their belongings (shoes too) at check out. Instructors are available to discuss your child’s progress.
– 4-5 Year Olds – Check out starts at 3:30pm
– 6-12 Year Olds – Check out starts at 3:30pm
- We strongly encourage, however not force, all children to ski or ride do and our goal is to provide a fun and challenging program so that every child has a positive first experience on snow. Your child must be a willing participant.
- Please do not attempt to place your child in a lesson that is not designed for his or her age or ability. Parents, you do yourself, your child, other children and your child’s coach a disservice by misrepresenting your child’s age or ability. Our teaching methodology is designed with your child’s age in mind.
- Friends and family members may be separated because of age or ability.
- Be certain that the Children Center staff is aware of any medical or special needs your child may require.
- Special diets may require that parents send a lunch with child, however; Please do not include any form of nuts or nut products! We are a Nut-Free Program!
- Children’s lesson times may include organizational time, rest periods, shelter from inclement weather or play time depending on the needs of the children. Any child who refuses to participate in the lesson may be allowed to remain indoors until their parents are notified for pickup.
- If a problem should arise with a student in a Children’s Center lesson, on-mountain communication will be in the form of message board at the bottom of critical lifts.
- Children enrolled in group lessons at the Children’s Center may need to ride chairlifts with other members of the skiing/riding public, Angel Fire staff or by themselves.