The most important part of any day in the park is making it home safely. We pride ourselves on creating features that are fun and safe. We expect you to know what you’re doing when you enter the park. Don’t hurt yourself and don’t hurt anyone else! If you don’t know check out the info below.
MAKE A PLAN. Every time you use Freestyle Terrain, make a plan for each feature. Your speed, approach and takeoff directly affect your results.
LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP. Look around the jumps first, not over them. Know that your landings are clear, and clear yourself from the landing.
EASY STYLE IT. Start small and work your way up. Stick to stuff you’re comfortable with and have fun.
RESPECT GETS RESPECT. From the lift line through the park, we won’t tolerate disrespect.
Angel Fire Resort has endorsed and adopted the National Ski Areas Association’s “Your Responsibility Code,” which helps skiers and boarders be aware of the elements of risk in snowsports that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce this risk.
Seven Points to Your Responsibility Code:
- Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
KNOW THE CODE: IT’S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
THIS IS A PARTIAL LIST.
BE SAFETY CONSCIOUS.