A spectacular Rocky Mountain Zipline Adventure Tour starting at the 10,600’ elevation summit of the Angel Fire ski mountain. The first and only zipline tour in New Mexico!
Details: A zipline is basically a cable strung from a platform to a lower platform. Participants use a pulley and a harness along with our friend gravity to glide down the cable. It’s an adrenaline adventure that is safe and fun for the whole family. The Angel Fire Zipline Adventure Tour will be a series of ziplines starting near the Summit Haus restaurant. The tour will begin with two guides explaining the equipment and safety precautions at the zipline school. The trained guides handle all of the equipment and after the whole group has successfully completed their first zip, the tour moves on to a longer cable which will start at the top of the Chile Express and head past the ski run Sluice Box. The next ride will bring the group just below the top of the Chile where they take a short walk back to the top of the mountain.
- 4 separate zipline segments of varying lengths
- Starts and ends at the 10,600’ summit of the Angel Fire ski mountain
- Intro Welcome briefing, safety orientation, harness & helmet fitting and training
- Short 5 to 8 minute scenic nature hikes between segments, at mountaintop
- Traditional seated slings
- Rides zip along based on gravity, wind and the angle of the line
Operators: Trained and certified zipline operators will be on site at all times to ensure the safety of riders.
Schedule of Operations: Offered Weekends and Holidays starting December 15th, 2012. Tours available 10am, 12pm and 2pm.
Reservations & Booking: Call Mountain Reservations at 575-377-4320.
Cost: $65 plus tax per person. Includes all required safety equipment & transportation to and from summit.
For more information, call 575-377-4320.
Secure lockers for valuables are available at Summit. Don’t forget to bring cash or credit card for summit concessions or photos. They may be left securely with Guides.
Maximum Capacity: 8 zipline riders per tour.
- PLEASE BE AWARE! Winter Zipping is a physically demanding, extreme activity. It require ardous and taxing hikes in snow between stations at over 10,000 above sea level. All Participants must be in good physical fitness and condition.
- All participants must first check-in at Mountain Reservations to pick-up vouchers and weigh in. Mtn. Res. is located across from the Rental Shop
- Weather appropriate clothing, including warm, winter boots (also acceptable: snowboard boots and telemark ski boots or AT ski boots with vibram soles; no ski boots allowed).
- A signed waiver by participants 18 years and older or Parent/Guardian for participants 17 years and younger.
- Weight restrictions are minimum 90 pounds to maximum 270 pounds. We will discreetly weigh every participant to make sure your natural weight is within the minimum and maximum.
- Must be prepared for short 5 to 10 minute hikes between zip stations on mountainous trails at elevation.
- Not recommended for people with heart, back, hip or knee problems or pregnant women.
Constructed By: Minnesota-based Geronimo Construction
After your tour, don’t forget to visit Atmosphere Photos at the base area of the mountain to view and order your official tour photos. You can also call them at (978) 703-8788 to place an order.
Angel Fire Zipline Adventure
Weather Cancellation Policy
The Angel Fire Zipline Adventure Tour operates under a weather dependent schedule, tours may be cancelled due to inclement weather (wind, lightning, heavy snow, etc.). During periods of passing storms (traditionally in the afternoon), we will first hold zipline tours in progress and delay tours set to start. Weather holds may last up to one hour. Cancellations are a last option. In the event that we must cancel a tour, we will reschedule you at your convenience, or provide you a voucher for a future tour valid for up to one year. If you have questions about the weather, please call the Ticket Office at 575-377-4383. Thank you for your understanding.