Children’s Ski School Info & Helpful Hints
WHY ANGEL FIRE SKI AND SNOWBOARD SCHOOL?
- Small Class Sizes We have always had small class size. Our average class size is usually less than 4:1 student to instructor ratios.
- Quality Over Quantity We never oversell the program beyond its ability to provide a quality learning experience. This is especially true of holidays when we can sell out weeks in advance.
- One Stop Service We have a rental shop and retail shop inside the Children’s Ski and Snowboard Center so everything you need is under one roof.
- More Time on the Snow We ask that children arrive in time for their class so classes may begin as soon as possible. Most children ages 7 and older will get over 4.5 hours of time on the snow. You can rest assured that your children won’t be treated like they’re at daycare. We believe the best learning is by doing, so we limit our time inside.
- Experience and Certification We have PSIA-AASI level 1-3 certified instructors – many with Children’s Specialist 1 and 2 credentials – that work with your children every day at Angel Fire’s Ski and Snowboard School. All of Angel Fire’s ski and snowboard staff are specially trained to teach children.
- Qualified and Abundant Indoor Staffing We have an abundant indoor staff, many of which have gone to school as children’s specialists. We maintain a clean, functional, secure facility.
- Outstanding Food Our chef provides homemade, fresh, and nutritious meals every day. Vegetarian options are always available. If your child has specific dietary requirements or is a picky eater, we encourage you to pack snacks and lunch for your child.
- More Bang For Your Buck Equipment rentals, helmets, and lift tickets are always included in Angel Fire’s Children Ski & Snowboard School price.
- Security and Peace of Mind Every child is equipped with Flaik GPS technology, which means we know in real-time where your child is on the mountain. At the end of the day, you can share your child’s day by going online to view their travels.
- Results We have been developing this program for decades and are experts at specific age development, their respective competencies, and teaching at the appropriate pace and with the correct practice to create lifelong skiers and riders. We coach for breakthroughs and challenge new terrain when it is appropriate, but we never push children out of their comfort zones for the sake of more difficult terrain goals. We believe in pleasure and play, and that the best skier on the mountain is the one having the most fun!
- Kids Only Parents are not allowed at Angel Fire’s Ski and Snowboard School children’s lessons, which means kids are pushed to learn and play independently at a pace that is ideal for them.
NOTES FOR THE 2021-2022 SEASON
- For the 2021-22 season we will be closely monitoring New Mexico Department of Health guidelines. We reserve the right to cancel/refund/reschedule classes based on Covid 19 related instructor availability.
- Parents will not be allowed inside the Children’s Ski and Snowboard Center buidling at any time.
- All children attending group lessons at Children’s Ski and Snowboard Center must bring a medium sized backpack.
- Backpack essentials: gloves, goggles, hand warmers, extra indoor mask, and an outdoor neck gaiter/buff (2 layers minimum if using as a required mask).
Things To Know
- Dress your child warmly and in layers.
- Label everything.
- Eat a substantial breakfast.
- Drink lots of water.
- Please take the time to prepare your child for an amicable morning separation. Your child will do better and have less separation anxiety if they do not see Mom and Dad watching them. We will call if there are issues our staff cannot resolve.
- Sunscreen and protective eyewear are required. Goggles are ideal for use with helmets.
- Be certain CSSC staff is aware of any medical or special needs for your child.
- Lift ticket, rentals, snacks & lunch are included. Special diets may require parents to send a lunch, but remember we are a nut-free facility.
- Children’s Ski & Snowboard Center opens at 8 AM and pick up is on the snow in the Children’s Ski & Snowboard Center teaching yard at 3:30 pm.
- Your child may ride the lift alone, with other children, and/or without an adult or instructor.