Kid's Ski School Policies
Kid's Ski School Policies
Below is a listing of important policies. If you have any questions, call (575) 377-4293.
- Advanced reservations are essential and are defined as made 48 hours prior to lesson date. Same-day or next-day lessons (lessons within the 48 hour period) are not guaranteed, will be based on availability and will incur a $30.00 fee. If space is available, same-day lessons maybe purchased until 8:30 am. This is to ensure that classes begin on time.
- To make sure your child gets the most out of their lesson, once your child has started their lesson please do not disturb the class. At the end of the day your child’s instructor will share your child’s progress. Your child has had a wonderful day and is excited about showing and telling you about their success!
- Please be prompt for check-out. Make sure you collect all their belongings at check-out. Check out starts at 3:30 p.m. daily.
- Our goal is to provide a fun and challenging program for every child and to create a positive first experience on snow. Our lessons are physically challenging. Children should be well rested for a full day of effort, able to use the restroom independently and are no longer taking naps.
- Our teaching methodology is designed with your child’s age in mind, all children will be placed in the appropriate age groups.
- Birth certificates verifying ages will be required for children 6 year-old and younger participating in any lesson program for the first time. Once their actual DOB is on file this will no longer be necessary. We reserve the right to request a birth certificate to verify the age of any participant. Birth certificates may be forwarded via email at email@example.com.
- Angel Fire Resort Ski School is a “skill-based” program. We use terrain that keeps children in a non-defensive comfort zone. We measure success by individual ability and progress of the child, we try not to focus on what color slope the child has achieved. This style of program ensures that your child learns proper technique and learns good habits for a lifetime of skiing or riding.
- We take great care in providing a nurturing learning environment with a well staffed indoor facility, experienced, instructors who are trained to identify learning styles, fear-based “tummy aches” and all the challenges associated with learning a new sport in a new environment. We understand the age-specific competencies for children concerning their cognitive, effective and physical development. You know your child the best, so any information you can give your reservationist in our notes will greatly assist us in getting the most out of their experience.
- Friends and family members may be separated because of age or ability.
- Be certain that the Children’s Center staff is aware of any medical or special needs your child may require.
- Special diets may require that parents send a lunch with a child. Please do not include any form of nuts or nut products! We are a nut-free program!
- Children’s lesson times may include organizational time, rest periods, shelter from inclement weather or play time depending on the needs of the children. Any child who refuses to participate in the lesson may be allowed to remain indoors until their parents are notified for pick up.
- If a problem should arise with a student in a Children’s Center lesson, on-mountain communication will be in the form of message board at the bottom of critical lifts. We will also contact you by cell phone if need be.
- Children enrolled in lessons at the Children’s Center may ride chairlifts with other members of the skiing/riding public, Angel Fire staff, other children without an adult on the chair, or by themselves.
- We do not issue refunds due to weather, when children are unwilling to participate or who become ill after being in our care.
- Angel Fire Resort will not issue refunds for any unused day/s or portions of days concerning lift tickets, lessons, rentals, or packages. If the customer is unsure how many days they will be skiing, we encourage purchasing items daily.
- Changes within 14 days of reservation or after onsite purchase are subject to an administrative fee. This includes but is not limited to changes in dates, times, individuals, rental type, or program change.