Angel Fire Resort is looking for an enthusiastic Bartender. The Bartender will have the opportunity to shape our guest experience by providing exceptional drink service and exemplifying attention to detail.
Our Food & Beverage team is built on mutual respect and collaboration. Join the team and receive fun resort benefits which include dining & retail discounts, a free chairlift pass, access to the fitness centers, and much more! Engage in diverse work tasks, and be recognized for excellence.
Bartender applicants must possess strong customer service skills in person, be able to communicate effectively, and be able to maintain a positive attitude in a demanding environment. This position includes adhering to all state liquor laws and company policies regarding responsible service of alcoholic beverages. Bartenders are also responsible for providing customers with resort information, resolving customer complaints, assisting with special projects, and representing the resort as a whole.
We are looking for applicants with solid bartending experience, a valid NM server’s license, and the ability to deliver exceptional customer service at all times. This demanding position requires great attention to detail along with the ability to multi-task, handle cash, follow strict policies and procedures, use a point of sales system, and complete each task in a responsible and highly professional manner.
- Takes drink orders from customers or Server.
- Requests proof of age identification from customers per New Mexico liquor laws and company policy.
- Mixes ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Serves wine and draught or bottled beer.
- Collects money, makes change, and processes credit cards for drinks served.
- Maintains accurate cash handling procedures.
- Orders or requisitions liquors and supplies.
- Arranges bottles and glasses to make attractive display.
- Slices and pits fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Replenishes bar snacks such as chips, pretzels, and nuts.
- Informs servers of beverage specials.
- Monitors and observes guests bar experience.
- Provides pleasant, prompt, courteous guest service.
- Follows the restaurants’ standard drink recipes when preparing and serving drinks.
- Presents drink menus to customers; makes recommendations, and answers questions regarding beverages.
- Upsells drink specials and food items.
- Develops rapport with guests.
- Records drink orders accurately and in a timely manner into the Point of Sale system.
- Washes and sterilizes glassware, either by hand or by using the dishwasher.
- Clears and resets bar area.
- Maintains cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves, and storage areas.
- Receives and serves food orders to guests seated at the bar.
- Reports all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to restaurant manager.
- Assists in the restocking and replenishing of bar inventory and supplies.
- Performs job duties of a Server as needed and as directed by the Manager.
- Follows alcohol serving policies as required by NM State Law
- Counts money at the end of each shift and takes money to the cash office.
- Records amounts received and prepares reports of transactions.
- Reads and records totals shown on point of sale system and verifies against cash on hand.
Environment: This is an indoor position. Must be able to stand and talk for entire shift and occasionally lift/carry 50lbs (occasionally lift/carry/move kegs weighing 100 pounds or more).
Qualifications: At least one year of successful bartending and customer service experience is required. Must have valid NM Servers License. Applicants must have a valid NM Servers License or be able to obtain a servers license prior to being hired. The server’s class is offered online at nm.waytoserve.org or through the NM Restaurant Association.
Minimum Age: 21 years old
Estimated Start Date: December
Seasonal position: Full-time or Part-time Seasonal. Due to the resort nature of our business, applicants should expect to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Pay: $7.50 per hour, Plus tips!