Want to work at one of the top rated bike parks in the nation? Are you passionate about Downhill Mountain Biking, Mountain Patrol and Outdoor Emergency Care? Angel Fire Bike Park wants YOU!
This position is responsible for the risk management of the bike park including basic trail maintenance, on-hill medical emergency services, signage, customer service, lift evacuations, accident investigations, etc. Applicants must possess strong first aid and basic life support skills, provide exceptional guest service at all times, maintain a calm demeanor in a demanding environment. Patrollers must adhere to policies and procedures, work as a team, and help foster a positive, fun, and safe work environment.
Our Bike Patrol team is built on mutual respect and collaboration. Join the team and receive fun resort benefits which include dining & retail discounts, a free chairlift pass, access to the fitness centers, and much more! Engage in diverse and challenging work, and be recognized for excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides medical attention to injured/ill guests according to established policies and procedures.
- Responds to incidents in the Bike Park as dispatched.
- Takes appropriate BSI precautions and wears appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Gives patient care report and transfers patient care to EMS when necessary.
- Completes reports in an accurate, thorough and timely manner.
- Assists senior Patrollers in accident investigations (i.e.; interviewing witnesses).
- Locates emergency contacts for injured patients.
- Consults with Patrol Manager or Medical Control Director when protocol questions arise.
- Receives and communicates reports of injury to Patrol Dispatch.
- Frequently serves as Patrol Dispatcher and keeps up to the minute inventory of personnel, response vehicles, and mobile supplies.
- Maintains an EMS activation log.
- Communicates (via phone, radio, and in-person) with Patrol Dispatch, 911 Dispatch, and EMS/Fire personnel.
- Follows radio protocol/etiquette at all times.
- Maintains radio communications with other staff to coordinate activities and achieve a high level of teamwork and efficiency.
- Works with a sense of urgency and completes tasks in a timely manner.
- Commits to follow all confidentiality regulations and guidelines as set forth by HIPAA.
- Adheres to the Angel Fire Resort Safety Manual, Employee Hand Book, and Bike Patrol Manual.
- Attends all required training.
- Maintains a high level of respect for resort property, including tools, spaces, vehicles, resources, and facilities.
- Provides exceptional guest service at all times.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma and three to six months related experience and/or training.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work weekends and holidays, day shifts and evening shifts, as required by the nature of the resort business.
- Ability to work with people in a cheerful, courteous manner.
- Ability to operate all terrain vehicles and utility vehicles.
- Must provide own downhill mountain biking gear
- Must demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for downhill mountain biking at Angel Fire Bike Park!!!
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- At least one of the following valid and current certifications:
- Outdoor Emergency Care Technician
- NM EMT License (Basic, Intermediate, or Paramedic)
- Registered Nurse.
- Valid and current CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Valid and current driver’s license, insurable under company policy.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to ride a downhill mountain bike at an expert level, maintaining control in all conditions and on all trails. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must regularly lift, move and/or up to 100 pounds.
Work Environment: This is a physically demanding, outdoor position and applicants can expect to work long hours in variable summer weather conditions.
Minimum Age: 21 years old
Schedule: Seasonal Full-time and part-time positions are available.
Estimated Start Date: May 2020
Pay: Starting at $11 – $14 per hour depending on experience and qualifications