Children’s Ski and Snowboard Director
Rare opportunity to manage one of the top rated Children’s Ski Schools in the Rockies with a reputation for cutting edge excellence and quality. This is a turnkey operation with well-conceived processes and infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be willing to adopt our system and continue to progress it.
Must have a proven record of management and leadership of at least 5 years for 70+ employees. Must have experience in Snowsports for Children Ages 3-12, Minimum PSIA Certification Level II with CS2/Level III with CS2 preferred. In-depth knowledge of Siriusware is required. Experience with Inntopia and Flaik is preferred. Also, must have experience with ski & snowboard rental shop, daycare operations, and commercial kitchen operations.
Our Shared Vision:
The foundation of Angel Fire Resort’s guest service is based upon creating “GUESTS FOR LIFE.” We accomplish this by providing enthusiastic, quality service in a year-round recreational alpine resort setting.
Angel Fire Resort realizes that in order to accomplish our company goal of Guests for Life, we must all work from the same value base. The link to satisfied Guests is satisfied employees. We want you to have fun while working professionally. We are committed to providing an enjoyable, motivating and safe workplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares and submits the children’s ski school budget.
- Interviews, hires, and trains the staff.
- Confers with parents regarding facility activities, policies, and enrollment procedures.
- Reviews and evaluates facility activities to ensure conformance to state and local regulations.
- Reviews and approves menu plans and food purchases.
- Arranges medical attention for ill or injured children in accordance with parental instructions.
- Manages the Flaik GPS tracking program.
- Manages the risk management and general safety practices of the Children’s Ski School.
- Manages the equipment rental program to ensure that indemnity and risk management best practices are met.
- Works closely with the Ski School Director to implement standards and procedures for ski school staff.
- Works with the Ski School Director to develop and implement a staff training program.
- Trains and motivates instructors to teach snowsports to children using the PSIA/AASI Teaching Model.
- Obtains list of ski school lesson reservations in order to prepare work assignments and schedule appropriately.
- Maximizes the efficiency and productivity of ski instructors.
- Assigns instructors their classes and areas of responsibility for each day.
- Assigns students to classes in order to match abilities and compatibility.
- Schedules classes to ensure the maximum use of Instructors and coverage of guests.
- Attends periodic staff meetings with other department heads to discuss company policies and patrons’ complaints, and to make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Ensures that ski instructors follow the Ski School Policy and Procedure Manual at all times.
- Ensures that customer service standards are met and addresses customer issues or complaints.
- Works with the Marketing Department to implement and manage the Children’s Ski School portion of the Angel Fire website.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of Siriusware/Accesso required, Inntopia and Flaik preferred.
- Inventory software (to track the rental equipment)
- Spreadsheet Software, Word Processing software, and Outlook
- Five years experience in ski school management, childhood education or equivalent
- Minimum PSIA Certification Level II with CS2/Level III with CS2 preferred
- Valid driver’s license with driving record insurable under resort insurance
- Ability to use good judgment during confrontational or high pressure situations and deal effectively with other employees, committees, vendors, community groups, media and the public
- Ability to ski or snowboard at least at an advanced level
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is an 8-10 month full time position with year-round benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k, discounts on retail and meals, and more!
Angel Fire Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This may be your opportunity to work and play in Sangre de Cristo Mountains! Join the Lift Operations department and play a very important role in running the winter...continue reading...
Why work with us? Our Reservations team is built on mutual respect and collaboration. Join the team and receive fun resort benefits which include dining & retail discounts, a...continue reading...
The Rental Supervisor is responsible for supervising the rental operation in Winter Sports. This includes accurately fitting guests with rental equipment including skis, snowboards, helmets, and boots; maintaining an...continue reading...