Events and Sponsorship Manager – Full Time, Benefited Position
Angel Fire Resort is now accepting applications for an Events and Sponsorship Manager to join the Marketing team.
This is a full-time, year-round position that is benefits eligible (includes competitive health/retirement benefits plus paid time off and FUN Resort Benefits!).
This position is responsible for the planning, organizing, and execution of special event efforts of the resort in order to increase resort engagement, year round tourism, skier visits and Lodge/condominium occupancies by performing the following duties.
Essential duties include the following:
- Spearheads and leads Winter and Summer special events, including the planning, organizing and execution as well as the executing of event partnerships and sponsorships agreements that relate to the event.
- Assists in the execution of Member and RV Resort special events.
- Acts a liaison to the Angel Fire and regional community to encourage and assist in the development of community events with the purpose of bringing visitors to Angel Fire.
- Under the direction of the Director of Marketing implements partnership and sponsorship developments, marketing programming and customer service initiatives to generate revenue, offset AFR expenses, and maximize promotional exposure with minimal budget dollars.
- Coordinates the ongoing Angel Fire Resort ski and bike shop promotion programs and develops and implements new programs across additional resort revenue streams. Includes travel to partners.
- Develops measurements to track the result of these programs and provides post-season results.
- Executes sponsorship agreements and partnership programs with demographically appropriate corporate sponsors/partners for winter and summer resort marketing initiatives, AF events and other areas as determined from time to time. This does not included pre-existing B2B programs which are handled by the Director of Marketing. Goal is to generate cash and trade sponsors to offset current resort expenses and maximize promotional exposure.
- Coordinates with marketing department on utilizing new creative in all promotional opportunities to maximize AFR brand value and exposure.
- Generates, disperses, and tracks trade vouchers and certificates for fulfillment of trade and promotional agreements.
- Creates and maintains records on partner and sponsorship trade vouchers and certificates.
- Acts as a liaison with trade vendors on an ongoing basis.
- Serves as liaison in community/external communication relationships on behalf of AFR local, regional and industry outlets.
We are looking for applicants who have a BA degree in a Marketing related field, or at least two to three years of related experience, and a passion for resort recreation including but not limited to snow sports, golf and biking.
To perform this job successfully, applicants should have experience with and knowledge of software including PowerPoint, Word and Excel and demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Ability to display a positive, strong image for the resort
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of events and sponsorship
- Ability to forge professional relationships
- Budget management. Understanding of ROI’s.
- Adept at public speaking
- Advanced ability and knowledge of resort recreation including but not limited to snow sports, golf and biking
Salary starts at $42,000/year and depends on experience and qualifications. Plus great benefits!
All applicants must fill out an application to be considered for employment. Applications may be submitted online at angelfireresort.com/work-for-us or in person by stopping by Human Resources in the Lodge. Please send a resume along with the application. Angel Fire Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Angel Fire Resort Golf Course Angel Fire Resort offers a beautiful 18 Hole Golf Course nestled in the Southern Rocky Mountains. Situated at 8,500 feet above sea level, experience with high...continue reading...
This position is responsible for overseeing the Patrol operations and the risk management of the Bike Park including basic trail maintenance, on-hill medical emergency services, signage, customer service, lift...continue reading...
We are currently accepting applications for a Zip Line Adventure Tour Manager. This position is responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of the Zip Line operations. Applicants must possess a current Challenge...continue reading...