Angel Fire Resort is seeking friendly, welcoming, guest service minded individuals to work the front desk at the Lodge. This position accommodates and provides guests of the hotel with a high level of customer service by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests.
- Instructs guests on how to get to hotel rooms and where to park.
- Issues room keys.
- Transmits and receives telephone messages.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, resort activities, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Keeps records of room availability and guests’ accounts.
- Computes bill, collects payment, and makes change for guests.
- Makes and confirms reservations.
- Posts charges such as room, food, liquor, or telephone, to ledger.
- Makes transportation arrangements for guests to utilize the shuttle system.
- Deposits guests’ valuables in hotel safe or safe deposit box.
- Communicates with housekeeping and building maintenance to facilitate customer needs.
- Other associated tasks and duties as assigned
Applicants must have a great work attendance history, possess strong customer service skills, in person as well as over the phone, be able to communicate effectively, and be able to maintain a positive attitude in a demanding environment. This position includes checking in guests as they arrive at the hotel, making reservations over the phone, resolving customer complaints, and representing the resort as a whole.
Environment: This is an indoor position. Must be able to stand and talk for long periods of time and occasionally lift/carry 30lbs.
Qualifications: Front Desk experience is an advantage but not essential. Customer service experience is required.
Minimum Age: 18 years old
Estimated Start Date: Early December
Schedule: Primary Shifts are 7AM – 3PM and 3-11 PM. This position requires scheduling flexibility–and the ability to work weekends, holidays and other peak times as required by demands of the business.
Pay: Starting at $10.00 per hour, depending upon experience