Angel Fire Resort is looking for an enthusiastic Golf Shop Cashier who shares our passion for excellence. The Golf Shop Cashier will have the opportunity to shape our guest experience by providing exceptional customer service when greeting golfers, recommending products, and processing retail transactions.
Applicants must possess strong customer service skills, be able to communicate effectively, and be able to maintain a positive attitude in a demanding environment.
- Greets guests as they enter the shop.
- Responds to guests in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Answers questions concerning cost of items, features of items, resort activities, hours of operation, weather conditions, etc.
- Ensures that guests accurately complete the waiver of liability and rental forms and provides assistance as needed.
- Operates the computer point of sales system to facilitate the sale of items requested by patrons.
- Accepts payment and makes change.
- Validates membership ID cards and provides appropriate benefit based on membership level.
- Takes telephone inquiries and transfers calls.
- Speaks with guests by phone to assist with product selection.
- Accepts and processes reservations over the phone as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of products and services available for sale.
- Understands and communicates features advantages and benefits of products.
- Actively promotes sales and add-on sales with each store guest.
- Keeps daily balance sheet of cash received and items sold.
- Counts money at the end of each shift and takes money to the cash office.
- Stocks retail items.
- Maintains cleanliness of the shop and proper storage of all inventory and retail items.
- Maintains a guest focused culture in all areas of responsibility.
- Appropriately handles complaints and resolves grievances to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Handles customer resolutions professionally, responsibly, efficiently and accurately.
- Actively stays informed of weather conditions, activities, and events.
- Assists Manager in special projects and facility maintenance.
- Other associated tasks & duties as assigned
Environment: This is a primarily indoor position with some outdoor work which includes driving Golf Carts within the Country Club area.
Experience: Prior golf experience along with a passion for the game of golf is a plus. Successful customer service experience is required.
Minimum Age: 16 years old
Start date: Mid-May 2020
A typical shift: Starts between 6:30am and 7:30am and ends between 2:00pm and 3:00 depending on business levels and weather conditions. Due to the resort nature of our business, applicants should expect to work weekends and holidays.
Seasonal Position: Full-time and part-time positions are available. The season typically runs through mid-October depending on weather condition and business levels.
Other: Must have a valid driver’s license. Must be able to work weekends and holidays as required by the nature of our resort business.
Pay: Starts at $9.00/hr depending on experience