Group and Conference Sales Manager
About Angel Fire:
Angel Fire Resort is a top year-round mountain resort destination in New Mexico. Situated at over 8,600′ elevation in the Southern Rocky Mountains, Angel Fire strives to offer the best value and choice for family outdoor recreation activities to its members, guests and visitors–including skiing, snowboarding, tubing, sledding, golf, mountain biking, zip line, tennis, fishing, hiking and more.
Why work with us?
Our Marketing and Sales teams are built on mutual respect and collaboration. Join the team and receive fun resort benefits which include dining & retail discounts, a free chairlift pass, access to the fitness centers, and much more! Engage in diverse and challenging work and be recognized for excellence.
Group and Conference Sales Manager Summary:
Angel Fire Resort is seeking a talented, motivated, and highly experienced Sales Director to join the Marketing team and drive group and conference sales to the next level of excellence. Qualified applicants will have at least 3 years of highly successful sales experience in the hospitality industry. The ideal applicant will have solid experience in ski area sales, have a proven sales record, experience with wholesalers and a strong understanding of the surrounding market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains a calling report for a minimum of 25 new calls per week to cultivate new business.
- Utilizes Salesforce.com for G&C development, fulfillment and reporting.
- Reports weekly, monthly and quarterly sales activities and results. This includes cold calls, presentations and closed bookings. Detail to include number of room / site nights, activities, and total dollar breakdowns.
- Assists with determining the necessary marketing/sales material needed for group business.
- Creates client proposals and executes agreements.
- Obtains payment according to terms in group contract.
- Enters accurate, complete customer data into Salesforce.com database.
- Develops, maintains, and grows relationships with customers.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems.
- Assists in the execution of special events by moving supplies, setting up furniture,
- Professionally handles inbound calls and emails.
- Generates sales and increases business exposure by attending shows, events, etc.
- Maximizes the total revenue generated by each group by focusing on “up selling” and
- inclusive packaging to meet customer needs.
- Cultivates new groups through referrals.
- Works with Group Sales coordinator and department managers in proposal development and internal coordination of closed groups.
- Works closely with sales coordinator to ensure that the needs of groups are being met.
- Assist in achieving quarterly and yearly department sales goals as set by management.
- Represents Angel Fire Resort in conjunction with approved sales plan.
- Telephones, visits, or writes to individuals and organizations to persuade them to utilize
- Angel Fire Resort. serving/cooking food, taking out trash, cleaning, providing customer service, speaking through a PA system, etc.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; at least two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Environment: This is a mostly indoor position. Must be able to sit and talk for long periods of time and occasionally lift/carry 30lbs. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to variable weather conditions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Qualifications: Must have at least 8 years of highly successful sales experience in the hospitality industry. Successful customer service experience and advanced PC software computing skills are required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current driver’s license with driving record insurable under resort insurance
Estimated Start Date: Immediately
Schedule: This is a full-time time, year round position. Due to the resort nature of our business, applicants should expect to work weekends and holidays.
Pay: Depends on experience.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance; PTO; 401K; discounts on meals, retail, rentals; access to Golf Course, Bike Park, Ski Area, fitness areas, fishing, hiking and more.
Angel Fire Resort is looking for an enthusiastic Retail/Rental Cashier who shares our passion for excellence. The Retail/Rental Cashier will have the opportunity to shape our guest experience by...continue reading...
About Angel Fire: Angel Fire Resort is a top year-round mountain resort destination in New Mexico. Situated at over 8,600′ elevation in the Southern Rocky Mountains, Angel Fire strives...continue reading...
Elements, our fine dining restaurant at the Country Club, is looking for an enthusiastic Bartender who shares our passion for excellence. The Bartender will have the opportunity to shape...continue reading...