About Angel Fire Resort: Angel Fire Resort is a top year-round mountain resort destination in New Mexico. Situated at over 8,600′ elevation in the Southern Rocky Mountains, Angel Fire strives to offer the best value and choice for family outdoor recreation activities to its members, guests and visitors–including skiing, snowboarding, golf, mountain biking, tennis, fishing, hiking and more.
About Legends Grill:
Located in the Angel Fire Lodge, Legends Grill is a family-friendly restaurant that offers a variety of comfort food dinner options including Ribeye Steaks, pub food, and a variety of gourmet Burgers. In addition to dinner fare you will also find a full-service bar with specialty drinks with Altitude Adjustment Hour Specials and a huge selection of tap, bottled beers, and fine wines.
About the Kitchen Manager/Chef position:
Angel Fire Resort is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced & energetic individual with at least 10 years experience in the resort Food and Beverage Industry to coordinate daily functions for Legends Grill and banquet functions. This position is responsible for training cooks and other kitchen workers engaged in preparing and cooking foods and ensuring an efficient and profitable food service by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Orders product and manages inventory.
- Ensures consistency of all food.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and sanitized kitchen at all times.
- Assists the Executive chef with development of menu items for all outlets based on current trends and product availability.
- Interacts directly with F&B Operations Manager and Executive Chef for special event planning, budgeting, and desired event execution.
- Develops, grows and maintains vendor relationships.
- Plans or participates in planning menus and utilization of food surpluses and leftovers, taking into account probable number of guests, marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes, and recency of menu.
- Estimates food consumption and purchases or requisitions foodstuffs and kitchen supplies.
- Supervises cooking and other kitchen personnel and coordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production.
- Observes methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner and at proper cost margins.
- Tests cooked foods by tasting and smelling them.
- Assists Executive Chef in developing special dishes and helps develop recipes.
- Trains kitchen staff in proper methods and procedures for food production, sanitation and general outlet duties.
- Trains back of the house catering crew for banquets and special events.
- Establishes sanitation and food safety protocols.
- Enforces NM Health Department Food Service and sanitation standards for restaurant.
- Manages department budget, including all purchasing of equipment and supplies, to ensure budgetary goals are met or exceeded.
- Adheres to and participates in the company safety program.
- Ensures that workers maintain, track, and properly store equipment that is utilized for the job.
- Maintains biweekly attendance record and sends to payroll department.
- Works cooperatively with the Executive Chef to plan work schedules to ensure adequate service.
- Attends periodic staff meetings with other department heads to discuss company policies and patrons’ complaints, and to make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Maintains cost of goods standards established by the F&B Director.
- Maintains work stations according to outlet guidelines.
- Follows recipes, portion control requirements, and presentation standards as directed by the Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Director.
- Assists Executive Chef in resolving problems that arise when Executive Chef is absent.
- Quickly and authoritatively delegates job tasks to the kitchen staff.
- Assists FOH Supervisor and Food and Beverage Operations Manager in training workers in performance of duties.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages 2-15 non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting the Executive Chef with interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience: Two or four year certificate from a culinary college or technical school; and at least three years of related experience along with at least two years of successful experience in a managerial position; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Solid experience in all stations of the kitchen (line cook, preparation of breakfast, lunch, dinner, private functions, dishwashing, catering, etc.)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current NM ServSafe certification or the ability to obtain the certification within the first few months of employment.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to fulfill all duties of the subordinate job descriptions.
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining quality and consistency.
- Proficient knife handling skills.
Schedule: Starting Late November, this position will be Full Time Seasonal but there may be an opportunity to become Full Time-Year Round. Due to the resort nature of our business, applicants should expect to work weekends and holidays.
Pay: Commensurate with Experience. Join the team and receive fun resort benefits which include dining & retail discounts, a free chairlift pass, free golf, access to the fitness centers, and much more!
This may be your opportunity to work and play in the Sangre de Cristo mountains! Make a difference by providing customers with a great lodging experience and reap the...continue reading...
This position is responsible for preparing parking areas with traffic cones, creating schedules for parking attendants, directing vehicles into parking spaces, cheerfully greeting customers as they pull into the...continue reading...
This position is responsible for directing vehicles into parking spaces, cheerfully greeting customers as they pull into the parking lot, ensuring customers have the right credentials to park in...continue reading...