This position is responsible for assisting the manager with the leadership of the back-of-house team with the goal of providing an excellent customer experience by meeting high standards of food quality, recipe development, cleanliness, attention to detail, and efficiency.
Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as required by the nature of our Resort business.
We are looking for professional, hardworking, and talented applicants who have at least three years of culinary experience — with a record of contributing to a well-trained, motivated, safety conscious, happy, hardworking team of employees. Experience must demonstrate high volume production and catering experience along with solid hands-on experience in all stations of the kitchen. Applicants must display a solid understating of all NM Department of Health regulations as applicable to food service and have the ability to maintain compliance with those standards at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Supervises cooking and other kitchen personnel and coordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production.
- Observes methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner and at proper cost margins.
- Trains kitchen staff in proper methods and procedures for food production, sanitation and general outlet duties.
- Follows recipes, portion control requirements, and presentation standards as directed by the Food and Beverage Director.
- Demonstrates proper knife handling skills.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
- Keeps an eye out for problems that may arise and intervenes in a timely manner.
- Ensures the cleanliness of the kitchen area including surfaces, utensils, dishes, refrigeration units, storage areas, and equipment to ensure sanitary standards are met.
- Assigns workers their duties, and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Estimates food consumption and purchases or requisitions foodstuffs and kitchen supplies.
Environment: This is an indoor position which includes working in a hot kitchen. Must be able to stand for entire shift and occasionally lift/carry 50lbs.
Qualifications: Must have at least 3 years of line cooking or kitchen management experience, and the desire to learn from the chef.
Minimum Age: 18 years old
Estimated Start Date: Early December
Seasonal position: Full-time position available.
Pay: $13-$15 per hour depending on experience
Other: Must provide own non-slip footwear.
All applicants must fill out an application to be considered for employment. Applications may be submitted online or in person by stopping by Human Resources in the Lodge.
Angel Fire Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position includes greeting members and customers, loading golf bags on and off the carts, washing golf clubs, issuing rental golf carts to customers, picking up golf balls on...continue reading...
Our Golf Maintenance personnel are responsible for maintaining the grounds and turf of the golf course by mowing the grass, maintaining sand traps and water features, operating various landscaping...continue reading...
This Position provides guest service to customers making reservations for lodging and activities by performing the following duties. The position is seasonal with opportunity to progress into a long term...continue reading...