Angel Fire Resort is a top year-round mountain resort destination in New Mexico. Situated at over 8,600′ elevation in the Southern Rocky Mountains, Angel Fire strives to offer the best value and choice for family outdoor recreation activities to its members, guests and visitors–including skiing, snowboarding, tubing, sledding, golf, mountain biking, zipline, tennis, fishing, hiking and more.
Join the team in 2019 as our Landscaping Manager. The Landscaping Manager plans and executes large and small scale landscaping projects and maintains the existing grounds and landscape of Angel Fire Resort facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works with the Director of Landscape Operations to develop long range landscaping plans, set goals, and prioritize projects.
- Manages all activities involving landscape production and maintenance, including the coordination of all materials, people, equipment and subcontractors required to produce a quality job.
- Prepares accurate estimates and take-off’s for new landscaping projects.
- Produces quality landscape design with supporting materials such as sketches, elevations, rendered plans, and photo images for proposed landscaping projects.
- Ensures every job site’s quality, safety, and appearance.
- Effectively maintains irrigation systems and identifies and corrects problems and makes necessary repairs.
- Establishes standards and procedures for work of landscaping staff.
- Trains landscaping staff on procedures and inspects their work.
- Effectively monitors plant and turf grass vigor and identifies and addresses insect or disease problems
- Manages and maintains all administrative and record keeping systems required including time sheets, schedules, work orders, and budgets.
- Develops and implements strategies to meet the expectations and goals for the landscaping department
- Plans work schedules, hours, areas of work, and job duties to ensure adequate services are rendered to all areas.
- Ensures the operation of equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, making repairs, maintaining equipment and inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Oversees the landscape irrigation including design, construction and usage/water management. Demonstrates the ability to calculate estimated water flow needs and sizes systems accordingly.
- Adheres to all safety guidelines established by the company, municipal, state agencies, OSHA and industry standards.
- Adheres to and participates in the company safety program.
- Performs the work of subordinate personnel as needed.
- Follows best practices for water conservation and resource management.
- Follows company safety policies and best practices when utilizing herbicides, pesticides, etc.
Directly supervises 2-12 employees in the Landscaping Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
At least ten years of landscaping experience and/or training and at least five years of successful managerial experience or equivalent education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current driver’s license with driving record insurable under resort insurance
- May require pesticide certification per state regulations
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to develop landscaping designs and render new projects.
- Ability to prepare complete plans, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates.
- Ability to make material and labor estimates and computations.
- Ability to safely operate heavy machinery and equipment related to commercial landscaping.
- Ability to identify differing micro-climates in a project.
- Experience in utilizing USDA zone #1, #2, #3, and #4 plants.
- Possess a full working knowledge of plants suited for high elevation gardens.
- Thorough knowledge of the laws and regulations related to the work.
- Thorough knowledge of ecological principles and their relationship to environmental planning and design.
- Thorough knowledge of costs and uses of construction materials used in landscape design.
Position: Seasonal Full Time
Estimated Start Date: Immediately
Pay: Ranges from $20-$25 per hour Depending on Experience
This position is responsible for driving the 25 passenger shuttles to transport guests to and from local destinations including the Country Club, parking lots, wedding sites, and the back...continue reading...
Angel Fire Resort is looking for an enthusiastic Retail/Rental Cashier who shares our passion for excellence. The Retail/Rental Cashier will have the opportunity to shape our guest experience by...continue reading...
About Angel Fire: Angel Fire Resort is a top year-round mountain resort destination in New Mexico. Situated at over 8,600′ elevation in the Southern Rocky Mountains, Angel Fire strives...continue reading...