Manager – Zip Line Adventure Tour
We are currently accepting applications for a Zip Line Adventure Tour Manager. This position is responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of the Zip Line operations. Applicants must possess a current Challenge Course Manager Certification. As currently structured, this is a Summer Seasonal position. A year round opportunity may be available for the right candidate.
Summary of Primary Duties
- Ensures all practices and procedures are in line with ACCT best practices.
- Ensures that the Zip Line is registered and maintains compliance with the State Carnival Ride Program.
- Ensures all equipment is inspected every day of operation.
- Manages an equipment replacement program to ensure that all equipment is retired and replaced according to manufactures guidelines and as necessary.
- Maintains platforms by staining, performing maintenance, etc.
- Maintains proper conditions of hiking trials.
- Develops, implements, and manages the Zip Line Employee training program to ensure that guides are trained properly and follow all procedures at all times.
- Ensures that the Zip Stop devices are sent to the factory for inspection and maintenance on an annual basis.
- Manages department budget, including all purchasing of equipment and supplies, to ensure budgetary goals are met or exceeded.
- Ensures that zip line team’s appearance, job performance, attitude, and guest communication create a superior professional image.
- Assists with communications during emergencies, including during lift closures, high winds, extreme weather conditions, and so forth.
- Assists with lift evacuations when necessary.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations.
- Prioritize all projects.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines established by the company, municipal, state agencies, OSHA and industry standards.
- Adheres to and participates in the company safety program.
- Ensures that workers maintain, track, and properly store equipment that is utilized for the job.
Directly supervises 6-15 employees in the Zip Line Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least two years of management experience in Zip Line operations; and possess a current Challenge Course Manager Certification.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Driver’s License with driving record insurable under resort insurance.
- Valid and current Basic First Aid.
- Valid and current CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to fulfill all duties in all of the Zip Line job descriptions.
- Ability to drive ATV’s, UTV’s, and trucks in a safe manner.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Good manual and physical dexterity, strength and endurance.
- Ability to ride all lifts and self-evacuate from all lifts.
Position: Summer Seasonal Position – May – October 2017
Pay: Salary Dependent upon Experience and Qualifications
IT Intern Angel Fire Resort is seeking a paid intern to join our technology team for the summer season (June-August). Must be a team player, customer focused, and enthusiastic...continue reading...
Angel Fire Resort is currently accepting applications for a Lead Associate to join the Front Desk – Guest Services team. Previous Hospitality experience is preferred and the ability to...continue reading...
Angel Fire Resort is now accepting applications for a Snowmaking Manager to join the Mountain Operations team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, safety minded individual with at least 5 years of...continue reading...