Manager – Zip Line Adventure Tour
We are currently accepting applications for a Zip Line Adventure Tour Manager. This position is responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of the Zip Line operations. Applicants must possess a current Challenge Course Manager Certification. As currently structured, this is a Summer Seasonal position. A year round opportunity may be available for the right candidate.
Summary of Primary Duties
- Ensures all practices and procedures are in line with ACCT best practices.
- Ensures that the Zip Line is registered and maintains compliance with the State Carnival Ride Program.
- Ensures all equipment is inspected every day of operation.
- Manages an equipment replacement program to ensure that all equipment is retired and replaced according to manufactures guidelines and as necessary.
- Maintains platforms by staining, performing maintenance, etc.
- Maintains proper conditions of hiking trials.
- Develops, implements, and manages the Zip Line Employee training program to ensure that guides are trained properly and follow all procedures at all times.
- Ensures that the Zip Stop devices are sent to the factory for inspection and maintenance on an annual basis.
- Manages department budget, including all purchasing of equipment and supplies, to ensure budgetary goals are met or exceeded.
- Ensures that zip line team’s appearance, job performance, attitude, and guest communication create a superior professional image.
- Assists with communications during emergencies, including during lift closures, high winds, extreme weather conditions, and so forth.
- Assists with lift evacuations when necessary.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations.
- Prioritize all projects.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines established by the company, municipal, state agencies, OSHA and industry standards.
- Adheres to and participates in the company safety program.
- Ensures that workers maintain, track, and properly store equipment that is utilized for the job.
Directly supervises 6-15 employees in the Zip Line Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least two years of management experience in Zip Line operations; and possess a current Challenge Course Manager Certification.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Driver’s License with driving record insurable under resort insurance.
- Valid and current Basic First Aid.
- Valid and current CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to fulfill all duties in all of the Zip Line job descriptions.
- Ability to drive ATV’s, UTV’s, and trucks in a safe manner.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Good manual and physical dexterity, strength and endurance.
- Ability to ride all lifts and self-evacuate from all lifts.
Position: Summer Seasonal Position – May – October 2017
Pay: Salary Dependent upon Experience and Qualifications
Angel Fire Resort Golf Course Angel Fire Resort offers a beautiful 18 Hole Golf Course nestled in the Southern Rocky Mountains. Situated at 8,500 feet above sea level, experience with high...continue reading...
This position is responsible for overseeing the Patrol operations and the risk management of the Bike Park including basic trail maintenance, on-hill medical emergency services, signage, customer service, lift...continue reading...
This position includes preparing and cooking food, using a Point of Sale system to ring up customer purchases, accepting payment, providing change, filling drink orders, providing cafe style food...continue reading...