Paralegal (specializes in collections)
Angel Fire Resort is seeking an experienced Paralegal. This position is responsible for managing and pursuing past due membership dues. The position requires the preparation, filing, and serving of legal actions and related documents under the direct supervision of the Resort’s General Counsel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- In coordination with the CFO and Membership Office, determines and classifies past due membership accounts and categorizes the appropriate legal action to be taken in consultation with the Resort’s General Counsel.
- Initiates telephone, written, and/or email contact with members with delinquent accounts, and arranging for payment plans/agreements with members;
- Reviews deadlines for legal collection action events, initiates legal collection actions in coordination with the Resort’s General Counsel and where appropriate and authorized.
- Maintains records of all delinquent accounts by logging collection notes and dispositioning transactions in the collections system.
- Performs write-offs, processes payments and recoveries where appropriate.
- Prepares legal pleadings, legal correspondence and other related legal documents at the direction of the Resort’s General Counsel.
- Organizes and maintains documents in a paper or electronic filing system.
- Files electronic pleadings with court clerk.
- Helps prepare for trial or motion hearings by organizing exhibits and assisting with other tasks as needed.
- Checks and edits legal forms and documents for accuracy.
- Assists the Resort’s General Counsel in the courtroom as necessary.
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
This position is full time-year round with benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Free golfing at Angel Fire Country Club and Golf Course
- Free lift ticket with access to hiking trails, disk golf, and downhill mountain biking at AF Bike Park
- Access to fishing, canoeing, stand up paddle boarding at Angel Fire Resort’s Monte Verde Lake
- Discounts on food and retail
About Us: Angel Fire Resort is a top year-round mountain resort destination in New Mexico. Situated at over 8,600′ elevation in the Southern Rocky Mountains, Angel Fire strives to...continue reading...
Angel Fire Real Estate & Land Co. is seeking an Associate Broker. Real Estate Associate Brokers are commission based independent contractors which means flexible work hours and unlimited earning...continue reading...
Are you looking for a job that allows you to enjoy sunny summer days and beautiful mountain views? Do you enjoy making people smile? Do you have experience with...continue reading...