Repair Shop Technicians are responsible for evaluating guests’ repair needs; tuning and repairing of ski and snowboard equipment; assisting in completing repair forms properly; and maintaining repair shop appearance and proper storage of equipment.
All applicants must be reliable, punctual, have the ability provide exceptional customer service at all times, work well under pressure, follow strict policies and procedures, work as a team, and help foster a positive, fun, and safe work environment. Must complete and pass the ski tech certification program (if hired).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Repairs skis and snowboards including: applies P-Tex on gouges and scratches, applies base patches, beveling, edge replacements and de-laminations, waxing.
- Mounts a vast variety of ski and snowboard bindings.
- Sets binding DINS according to binding manufacturer’s requirements.
- Maintains current binding certification.
- Maintains cleanliness of the shop and proper storage of all equipment.
- Thoroughly completes all tests and documentation for post-accident investigations promptly.
- Routinely tests bindings for safety (torque test) and records information in maintenance logs.
- Repairs and maintains rental fleet including periodic tuning of all skis.
Environment: This is an indoor position. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and regularly lift/carry 50lbs.
Qualifications: Prior rental shop experience in a plus however training will be provided.
Seasonal position: Full-time, part-time and very part-time (holidays only) positions are available.
A typical shift: Starts around 8:00am and ends around 4:00pm; however, due to the resort nature of our business, applicants should expect to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
The Minimum Age for this Position is: 18 years old
Estimated Start Date for this Position: Early December