Bike Shop Retail/Rental Cashier
Angel Fire Resort is looking for an enthusiastic Retail/Rental Cashier who shares our passion for excellence. The Retail/Rental Cashier will have the opportunity to shape our guest experience by providing exceptional efficiency for retail/rental transactions and exemplifying excellent customer service.
Our Retail and Equipment Rental teams are built on mutual respect and collaboration. Join the team and receive fun resort benefits which include dining & retail discounts, a free chairlift pass, access to the fitness centers, and much more! Engage in diverse and challenging work, and be recognized for excellence.
Applicants must possess strong customer service skills, in person as well as over the phone, be able to communicate effectively, and be able to maintain a positive attitude in a demanding environment. This position includes providing customers with rental package information, resolving customer complaints, assisting with special projects, and representing the resort as a whole.
- Greets guests as they enter the shop.
- Responds to guests in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Answers questions concerning cost of items, features of items, resort activities, hours of operation, weather conditions, etc.
- Ensures that guests accurately complete the waiver of liability and rental forms and provides assistance as needed.
- Operates the computer point of sales system to facilitate the sale of items requested by patrons.
- Accepts payment and makes change.
- Validates membership ID cards and provides appropriate benefit based on membership level.
- Takes telephone inquiries and transfers calls.
- Speaks with guests by phone to assist with product selection.
- Accepts and processes rental reservations over the phone as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of products and services available for sale.
- Understands and communicates features advantages and benefits of products.
- Actively promotes sales and add-on sales with each store guest.
- Keeps daily balance sheet of cash received and items sold.
- Counts money at the end of each shift and takes money to the cash office.
- Stocks retail items.
- Checks in bike equipment as necessary.
- Maintains cleanliness of the shop and proper storage of all inventory and retail items.
- Maintains a guest focused culture in all areas of responsibility.
- Appropriately handles complaints and resolves grievances to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Handles customer resolutions professionally, responsibly, efficiently and accurately.
- Monitors Angel Fire Resort web site on a regular basis to be continually informed of mountain conditions, activities, and events.
- Assists Manager in special projects and facility maintenance.
- Other associated tasks & duties as assigned
Other Skills and Abilities
- Some knowledge of bike components and bike apparel is preferred
- Ability to work weekends and holidays, dayshifts and evening shifts, as required by the nature of the resort business.
- The ability to work with people in a cheerful, courteous manner.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Previous retail experience is an advantage but not essential.
- Successful customer service experience and POS software computing skills are required.
Environment: This is a mostly indoor position. Must be able to stand and talk for long periods of time and occasionally lift/carry 30lbs.
Minimum Age: 18 years old
Estimated Start Date: Mid-May 2019
Schedule: Full-time and Part-time positions are available. Due to the resort nature of our business, applicants should expect to work weekends and holidays.
Pay: Starts at $9.00 per hour depending on experience
This position is responsible for driving the 25 passenger shuttles to transport guests to and from local destinations including the Country Club, parking lots, wedding sites, and the back...continue reading...
About Angel Fire: Angel Fire Resort is a top year-round mountain resort destination in New Mexico. Situated at over 8,600′ elevation in the Southern Rocky Mountains, Angel Fire strives...continue reading...
Elements, our fine dining restaurant at the Country Club, is looking for an enthusiastic Bartender who shares our passion for excellence. The Bartender will have the opportunity to shape...continue reading...