Security Officer Summary:
Angel Fire Resort is looking for an enthusiastic Security Officer who shares our passion for excellence. The Security Officer will have the opportunity to shape the Resort experience by exemplifying safety and attention to detail.
Experience in law enforcement is strongly preferred, but not required, for this position. Experience working at a destination resort or large dynamic company is preferred.
Security Officers are responsible for patrolling the Resort facilities to identify and address safety and security concerns, investigating incidents involving theft, damage or injury, preparing incident reports, monitoring surveillance cameras, initiating police response when necessary, providing exceptional guest service at all times, and representing the Resort as a whole.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Patrols resort facilities and properties, confers with management, interviews guests and employees, and interrogates persons to detect infringements and investigate disturbances, complaints, thefts, vandalism, and accidents.
- Warns or ejects troublemakers, and cautions careless persons.
- Obtains assistance for accident victims and writes accident reports.
- Notifies staff of presence of persons with questionable reputations.
- Assists management in emergency situations.
- Patrol the resort properties looking for safety and security concerns. Addresses any and all concerns directly and/or bring them to the attention of the appropriate department manager and the security manager.
- Investigates incidents involving theft, damage, or injury to resort employees and/or guests. Prepares incident reports and file them with Risk Manager and Legal.
- When appropriate, notifies the Angel Fire Village Police Department of incidents and works with the Department in investigating and addressing incidents. Obtains police reports to be included in the incident report file.
- Observes resort surveillance cameras/ and reviews and preserves video if necessary.
- Provides guest services such as jump-starting cars, carrying luggage or boxes, and other miscellaneous services.
- Maintains daily log of activity in the Security Department during shift.
Environment: This is an indoor and outdoor position. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and occasionally lift/carry 50lbs.
Qualifications: Must have a valid driver’s license and driving record insurable under resort insurance. A background in law enforcement or the military is strongly preferred, but not required. Applicants must be mature, responsible and able to work flexible hours including on-call availability.
Full-time and Part-time Seasonal positions available.
Pay: Starting between $12.00 – $14.00 per hour
Shifts: Shifts vary. Must be able to work evenings, weekends, special events, and on-call as required by business needs.
The Minimum Age for this Position is: 21 years old
Estimated Start Date for this Position: Winter Season start date will be in Late November or Early December.