Angel Fire Resort is looking for enthusiastic Food & Beverage Servers who shares our passion for excellence. The Food & Beverage Server will have the opportunity to shape our guest experience by providing a positive and enjoyable dining experience and exemplifying excellent customer service.
Our Food & Beverage team is built on mutual respect and collaboration. Join the team and receive fun resort benefits which include dining & retail discounts, a free chairlift pass, access to the fitness centers, and much more! Engage in diverse work tasks, and be recognized for excellence.
Applicants must possess strong customer service skills in person, be able to communicate effectively, and be able to maintain a positive attitude in a demanding environment. This position includes assisting with special projects, and representing the resort as a whole. We are looking for applicants with attention to detail, who will provide superior guest service at all times, be reliable and punctual, and have the ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
- Responds to guests in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Presents menu, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service.
- Answers questions concerning cost of items, features of items, resort activities, hours of operation, weather conditions, etc.
- Writes order on check or memorizes it.
- Utilizes POS system to place and record orders.
- Relays order to kitchen and serves courses from kitchen and service bars.
- Garnishes and decorates dishes/beverages preparatory to serving.
- Observes diners to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed.
- Confirms guest satisfaction during meal.
- Totals bill and accepts payment or refers patron to Cashier.
- Ladles soup, tosses salads, portions pies and desserts, brews coffee, and performs other services as needed.
- Clears and resets counters or tables at conclusion of each course.
- Requests identification from customers when legal age is questioned regarding alcoholic service.
- Removes empty or dirty dishes, utensils, glasses and bottles and returns them to the bar or kitchen.
- Completes opening and closing side work as directed.
- Follows alcohol serving policies as required by NM State Law.
- Maintains clean and orderly working environment.
- Follows proper sanitation procedures.
- Reads and records totals shown on point of sale system and verifies against cash on hand.
- Utilizes proper cash handling procedures.
- Other associated tasks & duties as assigned.
Environment: This is an indoor position. Must be able to stand, walk, and talk for entire shift and occasionally lift/carry 30lbs.
Experience: At least six months of successful serving or bartending experience is necessary.
Minimum Age: 19 years old
Estimated Start Date: May 2020
Seasonal position: Full-time, part-time and very part-time (holidays only) positions are available. Due to the resort nature of our business, applicants should expect to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Pay: $9.00 per hour plus tips
Other: Applicants must have a valid NM Servers License or be able to obtain a servers license prior to being hired. The server’s class is offered online at nm.waytoserve.org or through the NM Restaurant Association.