AFR is seeking physically fit, energetic, outdoor enthusiasts who are available to work long overnight shifts. They will be prepared for night work, manual labor, and extreme winter weather conditions. They will enjoy the responsibility of working in a small crew and will display a mature and safe work ethic. Ideally this person would be able to commit to several seasons.
Snowmakers produce and maintain a snow depth and quality that enables the Resort to open on the projected date; guarantees access to all lifts on the mountain; accommodates all Special Events and promotes the Resort as a high quality skiing experience by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Operates and controls electric motors, pumps, and valves to regulate flow of water.
• Operates snowmobiles according to acceptable safety standards at all times.
• Maintains radio communications with other staff on the mountain at night to prevent unsafe situations.
• Receives and carry-out snowmaking set-up instructions in a safe and timely manner
• Follows standard start-up/shut down practices while implementing any special instructions
• Maintains any record keeping necessary according to policies and procedures.
• Maintains radio contact with Shift Supervisor and other snowmakers to properly make snow in the manner and areas needed and according to all safety standards.
• Receives training and works under the guidance of the Shift Supervisor and Manager.
• Makes fast and accurate diagnosis of equipment failures in a safe and prudent manner.
• Assists with inspections to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
• Completes all tasks as regulated by State and Federal environmental standards and OSHA regulations.
• Tracks and properly stores all tools, supplies, and equipment used for the job.
• Shovels snow, performing snow removal around snowmaking equipment and other areas around the resort as needed.
• Maintains all safety barriers, padding and guards around snowmaking equipment.
• Works safely in close proximity to heavy equipment, high voltage, and high water pressures.
• Operates and maintain various types of snowmaking equipment.
• Relocates and sets up various types of portable snowmaking equipment.
• Performs other duties as assigned while waiting for optimum snowmaking weather.
• Tends artificial snow making equipment to produce artificial snow along ski trails.
• Attaches hoses from snow equipment to nozzles of above-ground outlets for underground compressed air and water pipelines, using wrenches.
• Turns outlet valves to adjust compressed air and water mixture to obtain desired snow spray.
• Returns defective or frozen snow equipment to snowmaking facility for repair, using snow vehicle.
• Repositions equipment periodically to direct snowfall to other sections of trail, or closes valves to shut off equipment when snow coverage is completed.
• Cleans dirt and frozen snow from equipment, using hand tools.
• Makes snow in correct location by interpreting snow plan and aiming nozzles.
• Aids in record keeping, follow directions by communicating with control room and supervisor.
• Maintains consistent product (snow) by adjusting snow nozzles to temperature and wind conditions.
• Maintains skiing area by setting up, storing and operating equipment in the proper manner.
• Maintains hydrants by making repairs.
Environment: This is a physically demanding, outdoor, night time position which includes working long hours in variable (severe, cold, wet, adverse) winter weather conditions. Must be able to regularly lift/carry 100lbs.
Qualifications: Experience in snowmaking is an advantage but not essential. Must have a valid driver’s license with driving record insurable under resort insurance. Appreciation and understanding of the ski industry/culture is a must.
Seasonal position: Full-time positions are available. Due to the resort nature of our business, candidates must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Pay: Ranges from $11.00-$13.00 per hour depending on experience
Other: A ski jacket will be provided as part of the uniform. Must provide all other winter clothing and boots.
The Minimum Age for this Position is: 18 years old
Estimated Start Date for this Position: Early November
Cashiers are responsible for selling rental packages and retail items to customers, this includes cash handling, operating a Point of Sales system, maintaining retail inventory, providing customers with resort...continue reading...
This may be your opportunity to work and play in the Sangre de Cristo mountains! Make a difference by providing customers with a great vacations experience and reap the...continue reading...
Angel Fire Resort’s Summit Haus Restaurant is looking for an enthusiastic Food & Beverage Venue Manager who shares our passion for excellence. The Summit Haus Manager will...continue reading...