Snowmaking Manager – Full Time, Benefited Position
Angel Fire Resort is now accepting applications for a Snowmaking Manager to join the Mountain Operations team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, safety minded individual with at least 5 years of experience working with an air/water snowmaking system who is also capable of leading by example to manage a safety conscious team.
This is a full-time position that is benefits eligible (includes competitive health/retirement benefits plus paid time off and FUN Resort Benefits!). Salary Commensurate with Experience. Estimated Start Date: June 2017
The Snowmaking Manager directs and coordinates the activities of the Snowmaking department by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides daily supervision and management of the snowmaking department.
- Develops, implements, and manages employee training programs to ensure that employees are trained properly and follow all procedures at all times.
- Ensures all employees follow the procedures and best practices of snowmaking operations.
- Ensures that any snowmaking equipment left out on the slopes during the day (when the mountain is open for skiing) is moved off to the side of the run, marked, and/or roped off in order to meet risk management best practices. This can be done by contacting the Patrol Director or Summit Dispatch to request assistance with hazard marking.
- Develops and revises all departmental safety policies and procedures, manuals, and protocols.
- Works closely with the Mountain Operations Manager to constantly develop and execute snowmaking plan and prioritize areas of the mountain.
- Ensures proper completion and filing of all required reports and logs.
- Ensures that all employees are aware of and follow all appropriate Resort policies and procedures at all times.
- Assists with Special Events as necessary.
- Plays an active role in the risk management of the slopes by addressing safety concerns and identifying areas of improvement for overall guest experience.
- Manages department budget, including all purchasing of equipment and supplies, to ensure budgetary goals are met or exceeded.
- Ensures that the team’s appearance, job performance, attitude, and communication create a superior professional image
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations.
- Directs training and indoctrination of workers to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company policies and procedures.
- Prioritize all projects.
- Adheres to all safety guidelines established by the company, municipal, state agencies, OSHA and industry standards.
- Adheres to and participates in the company safety program.
- Maximizes the efficiency and productivity of employees.
- Actively and aggressively manages labor costs.
- Ensures that workers maintain, track, and properly store equipment that is utilized for the job.
- Maintains biweekly attendance sheet (Empowertime) and sends to payroll department.
- Works with the Mountain Operations Manager and other mountain operations staff to handle weather related closures.
- Trains employees on procedures and inspects their performance.
- Plans work schedules to ensure adequate service.
- Attends periodic staff meetings with other department heads to discuss company policies and patrons’ complaints, and to make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Ensures employees use equipment, snowmobiles, vehicles, and ATV’s according all best practices, including wearing helmets as required.
- Ensures vehicles are inspected and maintained properly.
- Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of all vehicles.
- Reports all unauthorized mountain use (such as sledding or moonlight skiing) to management.
- Repairs, modifies, and installs snowmaking equipment throughout the year as needed.
- Directs the pre-season pressure testing of the equipment and addresses any leaks or issues prior to the start of the snowmaking season.
Directly supervises 1-12 employees in the Snowmaking Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and at least five years of snowmaking experience with an air/water system; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate working knowledge of Outlook, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Driver’s License with driving record insurable under resort insurance.
- Basic First Aid and CPR (current)
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to drive snowmobiles, ATV’s, and trucks in a safe manner.
- Ability to work in extreme winter weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work long hours for consecutive days.
- Good manual and physical dexterity skills.
- Ability to work in and withstand severe cold, wet and adverse weather conditions.
- Basic understanding of resort snow sport activities.
- Should be at least 25 years old.
IT Intern Angel Fire Resort is seeking a paid intern to join our technology team for the summer season (June-August). Must be a team player, customer focused, and enthusiastic...continue reading...
Angel Fire Resort is currently accepting applications for a Lead Associate to join the Front Desk – Guest Services team. Previous Hospitality experience is preferred and the ability to...continue reading...
We are currently accepting applications for a Zip Line Adventure Tour Manager. This position is responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of the Zip Line operations. Applicants must possess a current Challenge...continue reading...