Angel Fire Resort is now accepting applications for a Snowmaking Supervisor to join the Mountain Operations team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, safety minded individual with at least 3 years’ experience working with an air/water snowmaking system who is also capable of leading by example to supervise a safety conscious team.
This is a full-time position that is benefits eligible (includes competitive health/retirement benefits plus paid time off and FUN Resort Benefits!). Estimated Start Date: Immediately
The Snowmaking Supervisor directs and coordinates the activities of the Snowmaking department by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides daily supervision of the snowmaking department.
- Ensures all employees follow the procedures and best practices of snowmaking operations.
- Ensures that any snowmaking equipment left out on the slopes during the day (when the mountain is open for skiing) is moved off to the side of the run, marked, and/or roped off in order to meet risk management best practices. This can be done by contacting the Patrol Director or Summit Dispatch to request assistance with hazard marking.
- Ensures proper completion and filing of all required reports and logs.
- Ensures that all employees are aware of and follow all appropriate Resort policies and procedures at all times.
- Assists with Special Events as necessary.
- Plays an active role in the risk management of the slopes by addressing safety concerns and identifying areas of improvement for overall guest experience.
- Ensures that the team’s appearance, job performance, attitude, and communication create a superior professional image
- Adheres to all safety guidelines established by the company, municipal, state agencies, OSHA and industry standards.
- Maximizes the efficiency and productivity of employees.
- Ensures that workers maintain, track, and properly store equipment that is utilized for the job.
- Trains employees on procedures and inspects their performance.
- Attends periodic staff meetings with other department heads to discuss company policies and patrons’ complaints, and to make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Ensures employees use equipment, snowmobiles, vehicles, and ATV’s according all best practices, including wearing helmets as required.
- Ensures vehicles are inspected and maintained properly.
- Reports all unauthorized mountain use (such as sledding or moonlight skiing) to management.
- Repairs, modifies, and installs snowmaking equipment throughout the year as needed.
- Supports the Snowmaking Manager with the pre-season pressure testing of the equipment, addressing any leaks or issues prior to the start of the snowmaking season.
Directly supervises 5-9 employees in the Snowmaking Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
At least three years of snowmaking experience with an air/water system; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate working knowledge of Outlook, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Driver’s License with driving record insurable under resort insurance.
- Basic First Aid and CPR (current)
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to drive snowmobiles, ATV’s, and trucks in a safe manner.
- Ability to work in extreme winter weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Good manual and physical dexterity skills.
- Welding experience is a plus!
- Basic understanding of resort snow sport activities.
- Should be at least 21 years old.
Estimated Start Date: Immediately
$15.00-18.00 per hour depending on experience. This full time, year round position includes a competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance; earn up to 20 days PTO per year; 401K; plus all the resort perks: chairlift pass, access to fitness centers, discounts on retail and meals, etc.