Kid's Ski School Policies
Kid's Ski School Policies
Kid’s Ski School Policies
Below is a listing of important policies for ski school. If you have any questions, call (575) 377-4293.
- Advance reservations are essential and are defined as made 72 hours prior to the lesson date. Same-day or next-day lessons (lessons within the 72-hour period) are not guaranteed, will be based on availability, and will incur a 35% service fee. If space is available, same-day lessons may be purchased until 8:30 am. This is to ensure that classes begin on time.
- Once your child has started their lesson please do not disturb the class. At the end of the day, your child’s instructor will share your child’s progress. Your child has had a wonderful day and is excited about showing and telling you about their success!
- Please be prompt for check-out. Make sure you collect all their belongings at check-out. Check-out starts at 3:30 p.m. daily.
- Our goal is to provide a fun and challenging program for every child and to create a positive first experience on snow. Our lessons are physically challenging. Children should be well rested for a full day of effort, able to use the restroom independently, and no longer taking naps.
- Our teaching methodology is designed with your child’s age in mind. All children will be placed in the appropriate age groups.
- Birth certificates will be required for all students participating in any lesson program for the first time. Once their actual DOB is on file, this will no longer be necessary. Birth certificates may be forwarded via email to email@example.com.
- Angel Fire Resort Ski School is a “skill-based” program. We use terrain that keeps children in a non-defensive comfort zone. We measure success by individual ability and the progress of the child. We try not to focus on what color slope the child has achieved. This style of the program ensures that your child learns proper technique and good habits for a lifetime of skiing or riding.
- We take great care in providing a nurturing learning environment with a well-staffed indoor facility. Our experienced instructors are trained to identify learning styles, fear-based “tummy aches” and all the challenges associated with learning a new sport in a new environment. We understand the age-specific competencies of children concerning their cognitive, affective, and physical development. You know your child best, so any information you can give your reservationist, or in the notes online, will greatly assist us in helping your child get the most out of their experience.
- Friends and family members may be separated because of age or ability.
- Be certain that the Children’s Center staff is aware of any medical or special needs your child may require.
- Special diets may require that parents send a lunch with a child. Please do not include any form of nuts or nut products! We are a nut-free program!
- Children’s lesson times may include organizational time, rest periods, shelter from inclement weather, or play time depending on the needs of the children. Any child who refuses to participate in the lesson may be allowed to remain indoors until their parents are notified for pick-up.
- If a problem should arise with a student in a Children’s Ski School lesson, on-mountain communication will be in the form of a message board at the bottom of critical lifts. We will also contact you by cell phone if need be.
- Children enrolled in lessons at Children’s Ski School may ride chairlifts with other members of the skiing/riding public, Angel Fire staff, other children without an adult on the chair, or by themselves.
- We do not issue refunds due to weather, when children are unwilling to participate, or due to illness. Please see Refund Policy Page for more information.
- Angel Fire Resort will not issue refunds for any unused day/s or portions of days concerning lift tickets, lessons, rentals, or packages. If the customer is unsure how many days they will be skiing, we encourage purchasing items daily.
- Changes within 14 days of reservation or after onsite purchase are subject to an administrative fee. This includes but is not limited to changes in dates, times, individuals, rental type, or program change.
- You do a disservice to your child, other children, and families – as well as our staff and your child’s instructor – by knowingly misrepresenting your child’s age or ability. If there is reason to suspect a misrepresented date of birth, we may ask for verification before or during your child’s lesson. Please have young children prepared with birth date verification documents if asked. Failure to present such documentation may result in expulsion without a refund. You may also send a copy of DOB verification ahead to DOB@Angelfireresort.com.
- Angel Fire Resort is a private company operating on private property. The Resort will not tolerate any unauthorized teaching, instruction, or guiding on Resort property. Lessons and coaching is exclusively within the authority of the Angel Fire Resort Ski and Snowboard School. This includes affiliated Teams, special events, visiting coaches, and Adaptive programs. “Teaching underground as an independent instructor is illegal nationwide.” – Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA) and American Association of Snowboard Instructors (AASI). Anyone engaged in the unauthorized teaching, instruction, or guiding on Resort property will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and subject to a permanent ban from all Resort property. If you have questions related to this policy statement, please contact Robin May, Director – Angel Fire Ski & Snowboard School at RMay@AngelFireResort.com.