Monte Verde Lake
Angel Fire Resort’s Monte Verde Lake is a scenic place to fish with family, boat or relax on the shore. The lake is stocked with rainbow trout throughout the summer.
Fishing equipment, bait and pedal boats are available. There is a trail around the lake and the Lady Slipper trail is a short distance away for hiking or biking. On the south end of the lake there is a floating dock for fishing or relaxing.
2016 Dates and Hours of Operations (weather permitting)
May 20-22 [Friday-Sunday] | 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
May 27-29 [Friday-Sunday] | 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
June 3-September 9 [Daily] | 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
September 12-September 30 [Daily] | 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
September 30-October 31 [Friday-Sunday] | 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
When no attendant is on duty, fishing permits must be obtained at the membership office in the Country Club.
Stand-up Paddle Boards now available to rent for only $20/hr.
Want a little more info before you decide to rent? Watch our Instructional Video.
Pedal Boat rentals are also available for only $20/hr.
|Seniors 65 & up||$12.50|
|Kids 6 & under||FREE|
Fly Fishing Clinics
The Angel Fire Fly Fishing Clinic is available every Saturday from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. June 4 to September 24.
Price: Free for members. $10/day for guests.
Call 575-377-9971 for more info or just sign up with the attendant the day of.
SAFETY, POLICIES, AND PROCEDURES
- No Alcohol – alcoholic beverages are not permitted at Monte Verde Lake.
- No Swimming – Swimming is not permitted in the lake and there is no lifeguard. The water is extremely cold.
- Dogs – must be on a leash when on the shore but they are allowed to swim in the lake and ride on boats without being on a leash.
- No Wake Lake – boats with motors and devices like jet skis are not allowed. Trolling motors are permitted.
- Fires – charcoal grills and campfires are not permitted at Monte Verde Lake.
Pedal Boat Rentals – Children must be at least 4 years old and have the ability to swim in order to go out in a pedal boat. All participants must wear a life vest. No fishing from a pedal boat. Please let the lake attendant assist you in and out of the boat.
Stand-Up Paddle Board Rentals:
- The minimum age to use a paddle board is 12 years old.
- Each person on a paddle board must wear a life vest, leash, and whistle at all times on the water.
- All participants must have a strong swimming ability
- Only stand on the paddle board when it is in the water (standing on it on land can damage the fin)
- No swimming in the lake. If you happen to fall in the lake, you must immediately get back on your board.
- Entering and exiting the lake must be done in the designated area.
- Check out our Safety and Instructional Video.
Bring Your Own Boat – You are welcome to bring your own boat or watercraft to Monte Verde Lake. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Please be sure to check in with the Lake Attendant when you arrive and sign the liability waiver
- We have extra life vests if anyone in your groups needs one – children under the age of 12 must wear a life vest while on the water
- Life vests, whistles, and leashes are required for Stand-Up Paddle Boards – please bring your own life vest or borrow one from us
- Please take a whistle with you out on the water so that you can notify others in case of an emergency
Lightning is common in Angel Fire especially during Monsoon season. If you see lightning or hear thunder immediately return to the shore and seek shelter. Wind can also create a hazard out on the lake and anything other than a breeze can make boating very difficult and even dangerous. If the wind picks up please return to the shore.