Monte Verde Lake Activities
Angel Fire Resort’s Monte Verde Lake is a beautiful spring fed high mountain place to hike, fish with family, boat, paddle board or just relax on shore. The lake is stocked with rainbow lake trout throughout the summer – perfect for a family fish fry.
Fishing equipment, bait, stand-up paddle boards and pedal boats are available. Kids’ climbing wall and eurobungy are available for the children to get their adrenaline pumping. The trail around the lake and the Lady Slipper trail are perfect for family hiking and biking. On the south end of the lake there is a floating dock for fishing or just relaxing.
2018 Hours of Operations (weather permitting)
May 1-17 | Unattended
May 18-28 | Friday-Sunday: Open 9am – 5pm & Monday-Thursday: Unattended
June 1-Fall | Daily: 7am – 8pm & Kids’ Activities are available 10am-6pm until September 3.
When no attendant is on duty, fishing permits must be obtained at the membership office in the Country Club. The membership office is open Monday – Saturday 8am – 5pm.
Stand-up Paddle Boards now available to rent for only $25/hr.
Want a little more info before you decide to rent? Watch our Instructional Video.
Pedal Boat rentals are also available for only $25/hr.
This combo trampoline-pulley hoists you and three others into the air to flip, fly and jump yourself silly.
Price: $9, 5 minutes | Weight limit: 20-200lbs.
Get a grip — on over 100 holds. Novices and experts can safely climb routes that include the ‘gnarly tree’ and ‘treacherous waterfall’. It’s good fun — and great exercise!
Price: $9, includes 5 climbs | Weight limit: 35-200lbs.
$15, includes both the Climbing Wall & Eurobungy. To purchase tickets for the kids’ activities, visit the Monte Verde Lake Office.
Kids’ Activities are available daily from 10am-6pm until September 3.
Throw in a line and enjoy a relaxing day on the lake fishing. The Public Fishing rate is $25 for Adults (ages 13-64), $12.50 for Seniors (ages 65+) & Juniors (ages 7-12), and FREE for Kids (6 & under) and Members. If you need equipment, we rent rods for $10 & kayaks for $20/hr or row boats for $35/hr.
SAFETY, POLICIES, AND PROCEDURES
- No Alcohol – alcoholic beverages are not permitted at Monte Verde Lake.
- No Swimming – Swimming is not permitted in the lake and there is no lifeguard. The water is extremely cold.
- Dogs – must be on a leash when on the shore but they are allowed to swim in the lake and ride on boats without being on a leash.
- No Wake Lake – boats with motors and devices like jet skis are not allowed. Trolling motors are permitted.
- Fires – charcoal grills and campfires are not permitted at Monte Verde Lake.
Pedal Boat Rentals – Children must be at least 4 years old and have the ability to swim in order to go out in a pedal boat. All participants must wear a life vest. No fishing from a pedal boat. Please let the lake attendant assist you in and out of the boat.
Stand-Up Paddle Board Rentals:
- The minimum age to use a paddle board is 12 years old.
- Each person on a paddle board must wear a life vest, leash, and whistle at all times on the water.
- All participants must have a strong swimming ability.
- Only stand on the paddle board when it is in the water (standing on it on land can damage the fin)
- No swimming in the lake. If you happen to fall in the lake, you must immediately get back on your board.
- Entering and exiting the lake must be done in the designated area.
- Check out our Safety and Instructional Video.
Bring Your Own Boat – You are welcome to bring your own boat or watercraft to Monte Verde Lake. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Please be sure to check in with the Lake Attendant when you arrive and sign the liability waiver
- We have extra life vests if anyone in your groups needs one – children under the age of 12 must wear a life vest while on the water
- Life vests, whistles, and leashes are required for Stand-Up Paddle Boards – please bring your own life vest or borrow one from us
- Please take a whistle with you out on the water so that you can notify others in case of an emergency
Lightning is common in Angel Fire especially during Monsoon season. If you see lightning or hear thunder immediately return to the shore and seek shelter. Wind can also create a hazard out on the lake and anything other than a breeze can make boating very difficult and even dangerous. If the wind picks up please return to the shore.