Scenic Chairlift Rides
SUMMER SEASON | MAY 19 – OCT 29, 2023
(Closed Sep 8- Sep 10 for maintenance)
Enjoy Angel Fire and the Moreno Valley like never before. Take in the beautiful mountain views as our scenic chairlift takes you to the mountain summit at 10,677 feet. Once at the top, you can enjoy disc golf and hiking, or we recommend bringing a to-go order from El Jefe or The Lift Cafe and enjoying lunch with a view from the Summit Haus.
When you are ready to head back, you have the option of either hiking down or riding the chairlift back to the base area. The views on the way down allow you to see the entire valley, Wheeler Peak, and Eagle Nest Lake State Park.
While at the summit you can enjoy:
Price | $20
For ages 7 and older. Children 6 and under are free.
Tickets may be purchased at the Ticket Office, located at the base of the mountain. For questions, call (575) 377-4383.
Signed waivers are required to ride the lift. If you are under the age of 18 and will be coming without your parent or guardian, please be sure to have your parent or guardian complete this release before you arrive at the Ticket Office.
Wary of the weather? Stay in the know on lightning holds and mountain closures with our up-to-date chairlift status report.
Safety and Instructional Info:
- If unfamiliar with use of lift, please ask operator for instructions
- This is a moving lift – the chair will not stop for loading/unloading unless you specifically ask the operator to stop it or slow it down for you
- Passengers must be at least 32 inches tall to ride the Chairlift
- Children must be able to sit on the chair without assistance from parent; children are not allowed to sit in laps
- Closed toed shoes are recommended
- Pets and Service Animals are not permitted to ride the Chairlift – visit our Accessibility page for more info
- Additional instructions, safety tips, and rules: Chairlift Rides – Rules and Instructions
- Angel Fire Resort staff will have the final determination on anyone loading the lift due to various safety concerns
- Please note that 3:30 PM is the latest time foot traffic can ride up the Scenic Chairlift.