3/17/2020 10:17 AM Update:
Given the current environment, we are temporarily modifying some of our F&B schedules and operations.
- Elements Dining Room and Bar & Lounge will close on 03/21/2020. Until then, Elements will be taking to-go orders from 575-377-4489. Open 4 – 8 PM, and providing curbside pick up only. The lounge menu will be available. We will call when your order is ready for pick up. Elements will resume operations in conjunction with the golf course opening.
- Legends will remain open for daily for Take Out orders only until 3/21. 4 – 9 PM
- The Lift Café will remain open for Take Out orders only. 7 days per week. 7:30 AM – 2 PM.
- Sledding Hill, Tubing Hill, Nordic Center, and all other Country Club/ Fitness Center Activities will be suspended until further notice.
3/15/2020 4:23 PM Update:
Angel Fire Resort Guests, Members, Employees, and Friends:
We would like you to hear directly from us that a great season is coming to an early end. After monitoring the COVID-19 situation on an hourly basis, we have made the difficult decision to close the ski mountain for the Winter Season.
Our final day of mountain operations will be Monday, March 16, 2020 with the chairlift closing at 4PM. We will continue to provide updates on our other resort operations through the website and our social media posts.
We appreciate everyone’s support in this decision both in our community and across the region. We realize a lot of our guests may be in transit right now and we will do our best to reach out to each and every one of you regarding the early closure. As you can imagine, our Central Reservations team will be inundated with calls over the next several days as we assist you with rescheduling your vacation plans. We recommend emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back with you as quickly as possible. Please be patient.
Again, we thank you for your support and look forward to seeing you in Angel Fire in the near future.
Thank you to each and every one of you for an otherwise great ski season!
CEO, Angel Fire Resort
3/15/2020 10: 37 AM Update:
We are suspending all future advanced tickets, lodging, rentals, and ski school sales at this time. If you have pre-booked prior to today, your reservations will still be effective. All sales from today forward will be on a walk-up basis at this time.
In an effort to practice social distancing, we are limiting capacity at all of our Food & Beverage Operations and we highly recommend bringing your own food & snacks.
We will be going day by day in terms of operations effective immediately.
Stay tuned for any updates.
Angel Fire Resort Official COVI-19 Statement
Angel Fire Resort is aware of New Mexico Governor Lujan Grisham’s decision regarding the emergency declaration. We have already implemented steps to protect the health and safety of our staff and our guests. We are monitoring the situation on an hourly basis, and at this time, no closures or changes are planned. We are fully operational and are planning to remain open until our regularly scheduled last day of Sunday, March 22, 2020. As always, we are encouraging everyday preventative measures to help stop the spread of germs, as is typical during flu and cold season. The health and well-being of our valued guests, members, and employees are always our priority. As we navigate the rapidly evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) situation together, we want to share with you the extra precautions we’re taking at Angel Fire Resort to serve you. We’ve spent the last week preparing for how the virus may impact our community here at the Resort. We’ve assigned a group that is staying on top of all of the CDC communications, as well as our state health authorities, ensuring we’re taking all the necessary preventive measures. We’ve always been proud of the cleanliness and operations at our resort, and we know that keeping them clean and sanitized is even more important now. In addition to our daily cleaning efforts, we’re increasing the time spent cleaning and sanitizing our hotel, ski school, and restaurants. Additionally, we’re also adding extra cleaning time to our frequented common areas like our lobby, front desk check-in, public bathrooms, and pool/exercise facilities. Most importantly, our staff continues training about preventative measures for spreading germs and are given the resources and time to keep themselves and our guests healthy.
Bottom line: we want you to feel comfortable visiting our resort. Angel Fire Resort encourages everyone to play their part in reducing the spread of respiratory viruses, and following these steps will help:
• Stay home when you are sick and limit close contact with other people except for the medical care that you need.
• Cover your cough and sneezes to reduce the spread of infectious droplets and wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60% to 95% alcohol.
• Clean “high touch” surfaces daily with regular household cleaners.
• Avoid sharing personal household items.
• If you are sick, still wash your hands frequently when you are in places where there may be other sick people and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
This is a rapidly evolving situation which we are closely monitoring at the New Mexico Department of Health.