Angel Fire Resort is located in the Southern Rockies of Northern New Mexico – a 3-hour drive from Albuquerque & an hour and a half from Santa Fe. Averaging 210 inches of snow annually, Angel Fire Resort is known as the most family-friendly resort in the southwest. At Angel Fire Resort, we’ve created the ideal learning environment for those new to skiing and snowboarding, as well as offering the best groomed black diamond slopes for the experts. Angel Fire Resort features 80 trails, 7 lifts, 3 terrain parks and a vertical drop of 2,077 feet. Liberation Park, one of Angel Fire’s most recently redesigned areas creates New Mexico’s first terrain park with dedicated chairlift access.
Offering a wide selection of lodging options, dining choices and off and on-mountain activities, Angel Fire Resort was named “America’s Most Affordable Ski Town” by Realtor.com and ranked a Top 25 “Best Family Ski Resort in North America” by Dream Vacation Magazine.
Be sure to utilize this site as a resource this winter. Information is frequently added and updated, including the latest press releases and media coverage.
If you would like to be added to our media list, or if I can provide you with additional information or winter images, please don’t hesitate to email or call me.
Please keep in the mind, the best way to get to know Angel Fire Resort is to experience it first-hand. Please let me know if your winter plans include a trip to the area.
Hope to see you on the slopes this winter!
- 2018/19 Opening Day Press Release
- 2018 Winter Press Release
- 2018 Angel Fire RV Resort Press Release
- Angel Fire Resort Offering the Most Affordable Ski Pass For Teachers
- Macaroni Kid: Family Fun at Angel Fire Resort, New Mexico
- The Spokesman’s Review: RV Trend Report: Going smaller gains ground
- Teton Gravity Research: Angel Fire Resort: Surf is Up
- NBC Nightly News: The new winter sport you can do at home
- The Spokesman’s Review: RV Park Review: Angel Fire is a heavenly winter and summer retreat
- Why Angel Fire may be one of the last affordable ski towns for homebuyers
- Snowbrains: Angel Fire, NM is the “Last Affordable Ski Town in America”
- Bonjour Colorado: On Fire with Shovel Racing and Family Fun
- Albuquerque Journal: Challenges of Winter
- Snowbrains: Legendary World Championship Shovel Races
- Jesse Coulter: Family Ski Trip | Angel Fire, NM
- Taos News: Angel Fire’s annual Winter Carnival: Fun for the whole family
- Snocountry: Free Skiing, Riding At Angel Fire For Furloughed Workers
- Snowbrains: Federal Employees Affected By The Government Shutdown Ski For FREE At Angel Fire Resort, NM
- Albuquerque Journal: How Cool Is This?
- KRQE: Angel Fire RV Resort Sets Occupancy Record in 2018
- Snowbrains: Angel Fire Resort, NM Opens Friday, 14th December with Best Opening Day Conditions in Years
- Classy Mommy: Ski Season Kicks Off at Angel Fire Resort in New Mexico this Friday & Holiday Fun!
- Albuquerque Business Journal: NM Ski Resorts Off To A Fast Start
- Teton Gravity Research: The Last Affordable Ski Town in America
- Woodall’s Campground Management: ‘Angel Fire’ Offers Winter Activities For RVers
- Unofficial Networks: One Ski Area Has Already Received Over 50% Of Last Season’s Snowfall Total
- Albuquerque Journal: Ski season is quick out of the gate
- Snowbrains: Angel Fire Resort has received 54% of last years total
- Mountain Bike Action: The Good, the Rad, and the Gnarly
- Powder: Go get some, Teach!
- Snowbrains: Angel Fire Resort, NM Thanks Teachers With a $520 Discount
- Sidelines – November 1
- Angel Fire gives teachers a big break for ski season
- New Mexico Ski Resort Offers Crazy Affordable Season Pass For Teachers
- Angel Fire Resort to Offer $99 Season Pass For Teachers