How do I apply for a job at Angel Fire Resort? Applications may be submitted online for each posted job. Resumes and cover letters are always a plus. *Incomplete applications will not be accepted. If you run into difficulties submitting your application try using a different browser and/or clear the cookies from your computer.
Will you be requiring employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19? No, we will not be mandating vaccines for any of our departments. Employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 Safety Protocols which may include wearing a mask and getting tested for COVID on a regular basis.
What is the culture like at Angel Fire Resort? We are working hard to build a culture based on accountability, trust, and hard work so that we become a place of employment where:
- Cleanliness and customer service are top priorities – don’t forget that we sell fun!
- People talk to each other, not about each other (the only exception is talking about how to help someone be better)
- You have the opportunity to try and fail (to an extent)
- No one solves your problems for you and instead, senior leadership pushes everyone to be the best versions of themselves and solve their own problems
- Those who are engaged, accountable, self-motivated, proactive, work hard, have impact, and take responsibility for their actions thrive
- Those who are frequently not accountable, blame, judge, make excuses, vent, see themselves as a victim of their circumstances, etc. are not welcome
- Everyone is helpful and gives each other the benefit of the doubt (we assume the best of others)
- Everyone helps other departments so the resort as a whole can succeed
- “That’s not my job” or “that’s not in my job description” are phrases never heard
- If you work hard, persevere, have a vision, sense of ownership, and attention to detail you may have the opportunity to climb the ladder and build a great career
- If you are content in your job and don’t want to climb the ladder, that may be fine too as long as you excel in your role
- People are expected to see themselves as coachable lifelong learners and are given training materials and books to support their love of learning
- We provide good trainings but we also expect everyone to seek out the training they need and be proactive and to put their destiny in their own hands
- Having a positive, helpful, adaptable, can-do attitude is expected
- We speak up for ourselves and others
- When feeling frustrated with another person, we look to change our own behavior first, asking, “What’s my part?” before finger pointing or blaming others
- The people who work here love the Angel Fire lifestyle and the things that make Angel Fire unique and they enjoy being able to make an impact and be a part of improving the things that are not great yet
- Your team is made up of everyone—inside and outside the company—important to achieving your success, goals, project, or mission.
Do you hire international employees? Yes, for the winter ski season and only with J-1 visas sponsored through our preferred agency: InterExchange. Independent J-1’s are only considered if they have worked in the United States previously. H2B visas are not accepted. Applicants who are eligible for J-1 visas must be available to work from December 10th through March 22nd (early departures are not acceptable).
I have submitted my application. Now what? After submitting your online application we will send you an email to let you know that we received it. If you do not receive a confirmation email from us, please clear the cookies from your computer and then try submitting the application again. You can also send us an email at email@example.com to let us know that you are having technical difficulties.
Applications will be reviewed by the Human Resources team. If you meet the required qualifications and your application is complete, it will be forwarded to the relevant hiring manager and he/she will contact the applicants that they would like to interview.
I see you use E-Verify. What is that and how will it affect me if I am offered a job? E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from your Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Social Security Administration (SSA), and Department of State (DOS) records to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. Once you have accepted an offer of employment and completed Form I-9, Angel Fire Resort takes the information from your Form I-9 and enters it into E-Verify. E-Verify checks the information against records available to DHS and provides Angel Fire Resort with a case result within 3-5 seconds.
How long will my application remain active? Applications are kept on file and remain active for 6 months.
When does winter season begin and end? Typically ski season will begin in the middle of December and end around the 3rd week of March. This is subject to change depending on snow conditions and the nature of the job.
When does the summer season begin and end? Summer activities such as golf, zip line, mountain biking, and fishing begin at the end of May and wrap up in the early Fall. This is subject to change depending on business levels and nature of the job.
What is the Village of Angel Fire like? Angel Fire is a small, mountain village located approximately 30 miles outside of Taos. Outdoor recreation activities are plentiful while conveniences are somewhat limited. A grocery store, a healthcare clinic, and a variety of small shops and restaurants make up the town. For more local information, visit the websites for the Village of Angel Fire http://www.angelfirenm.gov and the Angel Fire Visitor Center http://www.angelfirefun.com
Angel Fire Resort has limited employee housing: for more info visit the Employee Housing page
Is Child Care available? No, there is no daycare facility at the resort.
Accommodation Policy: Angel Fire Resort will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation and/or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to Angel Fire Resort. Contact Human Resources with any questions or requests for accommodation.
If I am offered a job what documents will I need to bring with me when I arrive to fill out my employment paperwork? Be sure to bring documents specified by this list (either 1 document from List A or 1 document from List B and 1 document from List C. Documents must be original (no copies) and unexpired. If your job requires you to drive, please be sure to bring a valid driver license.