Children’s Ski School Info & Helpful Hints
WHY ANGEL FIRE SKI AND SNOWBOARD SCHOOL?
- Small Class Sizes Average class size is a 4:1 student-to-instructor ratio.
- Quality Over Quantity We never oversell the program beyond its ability to provide a quality learning experience. This is especially true of holidays when we can sell out weeks in advance.
- One-Stop Service Our rental shop and retail shop are located inside the Children’s Ski and Snowboard Center.
- More Time on the Snow Please arrive on time for class. Children ages 7 and older will get on average 4.5 or more hours of time on the snow. This is not a daycare program. We believe the best learning is by doing, so we limit our time inside.
- Experience and Certification PSIA-AASI level 1-3 certified instructors – many with Children’s Specialist 1 and 2 credentials. All of Angel Fire’s ski and snowboard staff are specially trained to work with children.
- Qualified and Abundant Indoor Staffing Abundant indoor staff, many of which have gone to school as children’s specialists. We maintain a clean, functional, secure facility.
- Outstanding Food Our chef provides homemade, fresh, and nutritious meals every day. Vegetarian options are available. If your child has specific dietary requirements or is a picky eater, we encourage you to pack snacks and lunch for your child.
- More Bang For Your Buck Equipment rentals, helmets, and lift tickets are included in Angel Fire’s Children Ski & Snowboard School price.
- Security and Peace of Mind Every child is equipped with Flaik GPS technology, which means we know in real time where your child is on the mountain. At the end of the day, you can share your child’s day by going online to view their travels.
- Results We have been developing this program for decades and are experts at specific age development, their respective competencies, and teaching at the appropriate pace and with the correct practice to create lifelong skiers and riders. We coach for breakthroughs and challenge new terrain when it is appropriate, we never push children out of their comfort zones for the sake of more difficult terrain goals. We believe in pleasure and play, and that the best skier on the mountain is the one having the most fun!
- Kids Only Parents are not allowed at Angel Fire’s Ski and Snowboard School children’s lessons, which means kids are pushed to learn and play independently at a pace that is ideal for them.
Things To Know
- Dress your child warmly and in layers.
- Label everything.
- Eat a substantial breakfast.
- Drink lots of water.
- Take the time to prepare your child for an amicable morning separation. Your child will do better and have less separation anxiety if they do not see Mom and Dad watching them. We will call if there are issues our staff cannot resolve.
- Sunscreen and protective eyewear are required. Goggles are ideal for use with helmets.
- Be certain that CSSC staff is aware of any medical or special needs for your child.
- Lift tickets, rentals, snacks & lunch are included. Special diets may require parents to send a lunch, but remember we are a nut-free facility.
- Children’s Ski & Snowboard Center opens at 8 AM and pick up is on the snow in the Children’s Ski & Snowboard Center teaching yard at 3:30 pm.
- Children may ride the lift alone, with other children, and/or without an adult or instructor.