- This event has passed.
Get Golf Ready
June 23 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 11:00am on Friday, repeating until July 21, 2017
Fridays 12 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. | 6/23-7/21
Get Golf Ready is designed to teach everything you’ll need to play golf in just 5 lessons. The Angel Fire Country Club Professional Staff will show you that there are lots of ways to play by combining fun, friends, and fitness. Each session will focus on various golf skills you will use while playing. In addition to learning the basics, you will be guided onto the golf course to put your skills into action in a casual, friendly setting. No equipment needed!
Get Golf Ready Topics
- Warm up, stretching and wellness tips
- The best ways to hold the club and get ready before you take a swing
- Getting the ball close to the hole — chipping, pitching and other shots from short distances
- Caring for the course
- Getting comfortable with the full swingUsing your irons to get the ball in the air and onto the green
- Learning the ‘lingo’, like fairway & rough, tee box & green, divot & bunker, and more
- Having more fun using ‘It’s Okay’ as the way to play
- Swinging your driver and other ‘big’ clubs to hit the long shots
- Starting your play from the correct tee markers — use TEE IT FORWARD to have more fun
- Helpful shortcuts to save time while you play
- Linking all that you’ve learned to play a few holes
- Tips for playing in groups, on teams and other fun ways to play
- Getting you more comfortable on the course and where to drive the cart
- Review of the rules and keeping score
- More opportunities for you to come back and play golf
For more information contact the Angel Fire Country Club Golf Staff at (575) 377-4488.