Back to Private Lessons Page
Private Ski and Snowboard Lessons
Angel Fire Resort’s private ski and snowboard lessons are designed in 1, 2, and 3-hour blocks and are personalized with your stated goals in mind! You can go one-on-one or in a small group of up to 6 family and friends of similar age, ability, and pace. Family private lessons are not recommended for children under the age of 10 when skiing with adults.
Lift tickets and rentals must be purchased separately. When taking AM Lessons, we strongly suggest picking up rental gear the day before the lesson if possible or at 8 AM on the day of the lesson.
A one-hour private lesson is not recommended for a first-time skier or snowboarder. Deluxe First-timers for adults or all-day children’s packages are recommended to get you familiar with being on the mountain. One-hour private lessons are great for refreshers or for very young children who require one-on-one attention.
- The best value and results for children (especially those under the age of 10) is attending our Children’s Ski and Snowboard Center group lesson program where the whole day of indoor and outdoor lessons, rentals, lunch, and lift ticket is provided.
- Although we do 3-4 person private lessons, they are not recommended for a group of children who are first-time or novice skiers or riders.
Family Privates and multiple person privates:
- If a family group lesson is for first-time skiers or riders, all members of the group should be 10 or older. Families may be grouped with a few children who are already independently skiing greens or blues. It is not recommended, and we will not sell groups of first-time children or children under 10 with adults who have never skied or snowboarded before or those who are not independent (we will not, for instance, sell 3 four-year-olds together for 3 hours if they are not independently skiing greens). Please don’t ask us to.
- Small children’s lessons should be appropriately paced. More than 2 hours on an individual one-on-one basis is extreme and shows diminishing returns. A private lesson is a learning experience and is not a substitute for babysitting. Children under 6 should start with one hour and in individual private lessons.
- What does “Independent skiing or riding mean” A child or adult is considered independent when they can (Ski) in a gliding wedge, stop with a braking wedge or turn uphill, can link turns in both directions on easy green terrain, and understand the use and has ridden a chairlift. For snowboarding they also ride the lift and can fall leaf heelside and are learning to move from heelside to toeside. Skiers and riders have developed the functional tension in their legs and feet to ski or ride without physical assistance or the use of tip clamps or other devices. They are learning the Skiers Safety code and understand lift use.
- Our reservationists are experts at setting you up for success. We want to steer you to the best possible outcome for you to become better skiers and riders. In our experience, we know what works and what does not. We will not sell you a product that we feel does not provide you with the best possible outcome or solution.
Other important considerations:
- Private Lessons do not include a lift ticket or rental equipment.
- You must be at the Meeting Place at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your lesson, with lift ticket and equipment on ready to go. Plan on at least an hour or more for rental fitting and processing. If you have an Early Bird or 9 am start, go to the rental shop at 8 AM or the afternoon before.
2023-2024 Pricing | Per Day | Reservation Required – No Walk-Ups Sold
Pricing does not include tax. Reservation requires 72-hour notice.
For more information or to reserve a lesson, call (575)377-4499